Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. GuitarlCarl

SWB0 Kaiju II

I'll be starting with what I ended with last year. A pseudo racing bike built from an old NISHIKI 10 speed. It'll get the old chop n stretch treatment into something resembling a burrito because that's what I need - a derailleur driven skinny tire speedster that gets me low and riding comfy...
  2. GuitarlCarl

Going Nowhere Fast

Emerging from the shadows of the darkest hallway next to the laundry room, I give you: Going Nowhere Fast a Schwinn XR-7 build.
  3. GuitarlCarl

Going Nowhere Fast

Schwinn XR7
  4. GuitarlCarl

Taco Express

5. GuitarlCarl

Taco Express 30 minutes or less!

Single drive, trike front similar to the old ice cream delivery bicycles. I'm still sourcing the cooler for the front. I'm thinking something like a picnic cooks station, so a grill also. I'm starting with this frame which has been modified but will need much more.
  6. GuitarlCarl

Second Chance Voting Booth

in the order they posted: entry 1: MZ1 Entry 2: WC Entry 3: KF Entry 4: JE Entry 5: IB Entry 6: MT Entry 7: GC Entry 8: OB Entry 9: SG Entry 10: CA Entry 11: TRM Entry 12: DS Entry 13: IF Entry 14: US Entry 15: GR Entry16: MF2
  7. GuitarlCarl

the I'll show you OFF TOPIC bike thread

Looking one way and riding in another? Need to ramble but not sure what you're on about? Maybe you just got distracted. Here's a thread for our dislocated discussions. AND there's no wrong answers... complimentary bike photo:
  8. GuitarlCarl

delete me

please and thank you
  9. GuitarlCarl

Second Chance - a no build build off

Ok got a bike You think was a contender? Didn't get the attention you craved? Everybody posts a bike that could have, should have, been in the running. One unlimited class for bikes that have been in a build off before. ONLY 2 RULES 1, IT CAN'T HAVE BEEN A TOP 3 BIKE IN IT'S BUILD OFF. 2. IT...
  10. GuitarlCarl

Grunt

The build thread is >HERE< What I started with... the lowly PUG
  11. GuitarlCarl

Kaiju

TT bikes have intrigued me for a long time. When we began discussing the build off and Skinny Tires were mentioned (by yours truly) I didn't think we'd really get anywhere. But here we are with a strong contingent of builds, more than the Muscle Bikes and almost as many as the Off Road, in a...
  12. GuitarlCarl

Trash Stash

Yeah Mongoose bikes are pretty easy to find around here. So are Dept store MTBs. Just picked 4 from a household trash after they moved away. There's some parts here at the minimum some cheap bearings and chain since these were mostly garaged before and not rusty. This is how you get the stuff...
  13. GuitarlCarl

Who are you? (with a bike of course)

Recently someone said they wished we had more posts of US. Who we were, to put a face with a name. Selfy sounds silly to me but that's what this is, a selfy thread (or a pic someone else took...) I went looking thru all the pages of the "SHOW ME" section and found none. So here we go. Post...
  14. GuitarlCarl

What's stashed in my "other" garage?

Past buildoff bikes mostly. A few that haven't been included in any buildoffs...yet.
  15. GuitarlCarl

Favorite Bike Shop?

I got a new one. LBS all second hand bikes rebuilt/refurbished by the owners. A young married couple. I spent an easy hour there today talking about bikes and kids and life in general. Very cool place. Wick's in Grant Park IL.
  16. GuitarlCarl

TIME TRIAL BIKES in the skinny class?

How many of us are building a TT bike? You know board trackers are time trial bikes too. It's literally got to be the best sub class to be in. Fastest / highest performance, coolest paint possibilities and almost no rules! Who's all inny on the skinny TT build?
  17. GuitarlCarl

Planet X

I can't cruise this cockpit for long so it's time to change things up.
  18. GuitarlCarl

Elgin swap for my Spaceliner

Yeah bye bye Spaceliner too small for me frame. Even though it was a sweet paint job, I traded frames with the cat who painted it. I'm giving him all the Spaceliner related stuff I have too, the rack and correct sprocket, chain guard and all. But I get this older and wiser, Elgin. Let the...
  19. GuitarlCarl

Grunt (son of Kaiju)

Ok here's what I'm starting with and an old Free Spirit to use for tubing... Slice and dice.
  20. GuitarlCarl

Kaiju

Back