Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Schwinn Exerciser Stretch.

another shot ohh ps yes that's the rear wheel from one ofthe exercycles too. i use the bars(after bending them back a bit) and even laced one of the s-7 mint rims(always are of of course) on a bike that needed one. SO many parts to scavenge from a EXER' hahaha
  2. J

Schwinn Exerciser Stretch.

looks great-I have always as well saved a many of the exercycle parts as I can with space limited. BUT i cant believe you didnt see the use of the front fork assembly. has a ton of uses. early bmx. cool chopper fork. so many. here is a quick use I made of the exer fork. but this is done two...
  3. J

Schwinn King Size american

does KINGSIZE refer to the seemingly longer steer tube length?
  4. J

Schwinn King Size american

found it like this? if so,...nice.
  5. J

Scrapyard Save- Klunker

is that a 26" wheel bike? I could see using that rear fender for a big 26" Stingray.
  6. J

52 Monark Firestone Super Cruiser

wish I had those fork and fenders. cool deep valanced fenders.
  7. J

Old school BMX Pick DG/WEBCO/CLEM TWIN

those Ukia 20 1 3/8 rims are cool..but no one wanted them much BITD -I guess that's why there was pile sitting around? I HOWEVER did race with these rims in 1981 and 1982 in my 13/14x classes when everyone else was using the hot new Araya/comp3 wheels. For awhile I even used older street...
  8. J

Schwinn Springer ID

i other words its not vintage-it is a bike from Walmart in the last 10 years...back when chopper/lowrider bikes were trendy.
  9. J

Old school BMX Pick DG/WEBCO/CLEM TWIN

got levers? :shock:
  10. J

Craigslist finds, and scrapyard saves! any info on these?

if it doesn't run then you've got a cool set of wheels for a mid 70's era bmx bike. Corona edition!
  11. J

1976 Schwinn Bicentennial Fairlady 3spd

was their a boys version? as in a Bi-centennial Stingray?
  12. J

Help ID this Yamaha bike?

Schwinn-Schwinn and more Schwinn. It is SO Schwinn I can't even remember my own middle name...All I keep hearing is Schwinn. Wait wait--is this a prank...did I just get pranked??? Of course it is a Yamaha... I think it's one of Kenny Roberts prototype race models from the small era of factory...
  13. J

Found My Holy Grail

I am guessing it is about 1990 era? maybe a year or 2 after? I quit BMX racing in 1984...but it could be late 80's too. I guess it really represents the last of the made in USA era quality hand made stuff. PS,, I am looking for TAHOE BMX stuff.
  14. J

THE FRITZ FIFTY - LIMITED EDITION STING-RAY

I recently saw a Chrome Scrambler 36/36 frame. and the Sting BMX frames were chrome. these are still Chicago i think. http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-77-SCHW ... 2583b6c0b1
  15. J

one day klunker

some of those stems are worth alot more than you think...maybe 2 to 3 hundred. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mongoose-Gold-S ... 4ac99664ce
  16. J

Desperado

are those real Oakley grips-probably just copies...? and whats with the stem pad? Someone spent their paper route money one afternoon dressing Ol' Desper' up.
  17. J

one day klunker

is that a vintage early bmx stem/Mongoose??
  18. J

Help!! Vintage bike found!!

there is a chance that the red bike as well started out as a Schwinn Krate of some kind. has a Krate sprocket. and maybe the wheel was from the same bike...but obviously too far gone to be a Schwinn again...and who cares...its Krazzee. BUT I bet under the red bikes brown fur seat covering is a...
  19. J

Help!! Vintage bike found!!

look like "Kool-Stop" brake pads. The bent brake lever and yellow cover bring back memories of my old BMX days from about 1980. I remember custom bending the Schwinn levers for a custom BMX use. Have you got alot of offers for the bike yet?
Back