Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Brunson67

72 Campus Green Stingray just acquired

Crazy Nick - Both are absolutely beautiful bikes! I have an original paint 67 Coppertone that I need to clean up, its a little rough, but should look pretty nice when its done.
  2. Brunson67

Hey there MattiThundrrr - No need to hide dem rats, post em up! I have a few Rats, a 67 Coppertone that's currently torn down, and a Flamboyant red 72 currently waiting its preservation rebuild.
  3. Brunson67

Yes, you are correct, I noticed that, and how many spacers you need to run for the arms to clear the hub, rim is now off set. I love the way it looks, but I will most likely take it off, beside the cable being to long. Post up a few pics of your Stingrays.
  4. Brunson67

Hey there Crazy Nick! The 72 cleaned up really nice, pictures don't do it justice. And well, that 68 is now belongs to me. We came to an mutual agreement on the price, and bam, it was mine! I am currently rebuilding the brakes to get them to work good. And I have installed a Stingray Speedo. Not...
  5. Brunson67

The red cruiser is all OG 79 Cruiser, pretty nice shape. I think the wife is calling dibs on it. And behind that is a Copper-tone 67 stingray. Still trying to decide if I do a preservation clean up on it of sell it.
  6. Brunson67

Funny, just bought one, but thinking it would go on the Coppertone 67 Stingray you can see in the last background picture.
  7. Brunson67

So I completely disassembled the Stingray and waxed, polished, and cleaned and re-greased all of the bearings. Swapped a correct Westwind up front and put a stock mag sprocket on it, also changed the rear sprocket to a 19 tooth, it had a 14tooth on it with the 39 tooth front sprocket.
  8. Brunson67

How many teeth should the rear rim sprocket/cog be for this 72?
  9. Brunson67

Pics fixed to full size. Plan is to take it apart and give it a good detail, swap out front tire and sprocket.
  10. Brunson67

Not sure what I did wrong with the pictures
  11. Brunson67

Just picked up this pretty much all original 1972 Campus Green Stingray. Front tire is wrong, and the sprocket was changed out at some point. Overall pretty clean. My Dad took me to Stutsman Sporting Goods (Local Schwinn Dealer) in Corona Ca in 1972 to get my first bike, a Campus Green Stingray...
  12. Brunson67

IT WAS A GOOD WEEK

I’d say this was a good week, holy crap, score!
  13. Brunson67

Foundation for Fun - Emory Mojave Sand Cruiser

Super clean build!
  14. Brunson67

Felt Cruiser Wheels

Anymore of these felt wheel sets available?
  15. Brunson67

SE Floval Flyer

Beautiful 2014 Tough Guy Tan Floval Flyer. Upgraded White Industries freewheel, S&M Slam bars, I also have the original plastic lightening bolt seat. Bike has been stored in side the house since new, only ridden a few times. Local pick up, I’m in Canyon Lake California, 92587. $650.00, no trades.
  16. Brunson67

Early Stingray help

Thanks CHAD T!
  17. Brunson67

Early Stingray help

Hoping you guys can help answer a few questions regarding my 1964 Stingray. 1. Seat post: my understanding is my bike should have a chrome 14" seat post, Schwinn P/N 7208, is it suppose to be a script or non-script? 2. Front hub: When I got the bike it didn't have any lock nuts on the...
  18. Brunson67

64 Stingray

Im missing the rear reflector and bracket, need some help on what I should be looking for. Thanks!
  19. Brunson67

64 Stingray

Also added some flag valve stem caps and tiger tail.
  20. Brunson67

64 Stingray

Thanks! Spent Friday night rebuilding the rear coaster brake and bottom bracket, both were really bad, everything cleaned up great, took some time to scrub and polish the rear hub, cranks and sprocket. Also soaked and cleaned the original chain, then soaked in tri-flow. Put a Schwinn silk on it...
Back