Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Ball dragged

CLASS 1 VOTE HERE!!!! - CLASS 1 FINISHED BIKE PHOTOS BELOW POLL

What a bunch of great builds, so happy to have been a part of it. Best of luck to everyone. They all look great!
  2. Ball dragged

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

Kustom 38 Wards Hawthorne rat build
  3. Ball dragged

BO15 Rusty&Krusty

Finished photos, forgot to post these.
  4. Ball dragged

Rusty & Krusty

Every year since 2013 I've watched the build-offs, this was my first year and I had a great time. On this build, I wanted it to be ratty, so I tried to use all older bike parts. The rear tire and grips are the only new parts used... Parts used: 1. 1938 Wards-Hawthorne Twin Bar Frame, 2...
  5. Ball dragged

BO15 Rusty&Krusty

I mounted the speedo between the twin top tube and then ran the cable into the tank and out the front of the left side.tRan the wires for the light out the other side of the tank and into the fender to the headlight. Going to get (my kicks) and pics this weekend!
  6. Ball dragged

BO15 Rusty&Krusty

Making her a little more rusty&krusty gheadlight krusting it up!
  7. Ball dragged

BO15 Rusty&Krusty

Added a New Departure bell to the handlebars
  8. Ball dragged

BO15 Rusty&Krusty

The bulb housing for the light was really rusted, sprayed it with some silver paint and then wired in a new LED bulb.
  9. Ball dragged

BO15 Rusty&Krusty

Drilling more holes
  10. Ball dragged

BO15 Rusty&Krusty

Overall width of sidewall is 2 3/8 inches.Tread width is just under an 1 1/2 inches and sidewall height is 2 inches. Hope that helps you out.
  11. Ball dragged

BO15 Rusty&Krusty

Starting to come together!
  12. Ball dragged

BO15 Rusty&Krusty

Threw some reflectors in the holes in the front of the tank to cover them up
  13. Ball dragged

BO15 Rusty&Krusty

Worked on the chain guard. Drilled out the spot welds move the mount to the top of the chain guard added a couple of holes and pop riveted back together.
  14. Ball dragged

BO15 Rusty&Krusty

Got the rack sitting down lowWas able to use the same bracket just moved it to the top and put a little more angle on the tabs.y
  15. Ball dragged

BO15 Rusty&Krusty

Did a lot of drilling of holes and filing to make new fender brackets yesterday. I think they came out pretty cool now I just need to figure a way to hook them to the fenders.
  16. Ball dragged

BO15 Rusty&Krusty

Person‘s motorbike saddle sitting around for years it’s finally going to find a home on the Hawthorne build !
  17. Ball dragged

BO15 Rusty&Krusty

Stuck the fenders and light on to see what she was going to look like.
  18. Ball dragged

BO15 Rusty&Krusty

Think I’ve found lights to use for the front and back
  19. Ball dragged

BO15 Rusty&Krusty

The rest of the day has been spent bending and drilling holes for truss rod.marked for bends and then a hammer, vice and some force!drilling holes
Back