Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Mope Head

Del Sol Goodwill Score

Scored this Del Sol Shoreliner at the local Goodwill for $16. Yes, it's ugly. Buuut.. It's got springer forks, nice cruiser bars, bow pedals, a decent spring seat, and a Nexus 3 speed coaster hub. The hub is going straight to my Dyno Glide Deluxe, the pedals to my Western Flyer Guinness build...
  2. Mope Head

More Big Box Quality

So, I stopped by the local WM and, as usual, did a drive-by through the bikes. I was eyeballing an end-cap display of five Cranbrooks for $88.00 each. Admittedly a good price for a new bike. Buuuut...of the five bikes on display, two had the forks backwards... Ok. So they had a knucklehead...
  3. Mope Head

Dry spell?

Last summer/fall I couldn't walk outta the house without tripping over a good vintage project. Lately it's slim pickin's around here. What few possibilities that do turn up on CL are priced with no base in reality. What gives? I'm stArting to go back through the scraps behind the shed. Sent...
  4. Mope Head

Western Flyer Before and After

Finally got around to this one. Tried to salvage the paint under a horrible spray-bombbut it was not to be so I went with a powdercoat copper vein frame and soft gold tank and chainguard. Still need to powdercoat the bars, gooseneck, and seatpost with a 40% black and add a lower profile brown...
  5. Mope Head

AMX Galactic Cruiser

Anyone have any info on this 20" muscle bike? One for sale locally. I don't really need another project but could be fun at a decent price if there's any quality to it. No idea of age, maker, or anything. Hoping someone here can shed a little light. Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Mope Head

1989 Cannondale Road Bike

Stopped in at the local thrift shop (Goodwill-type place) just to poke around and ran across this beauty. 1989 Cannondale 3.0 12 speed road bike with aluminum frame and Suntour components. Sticker price of $18.00. I'm not a road bike guy but just couldn't pass up a deal like that. The cashier...
  7. Mope Head

Double Score! A good Day!

80 bucks got me these two beauties from CL: '63 Schwinn Typhoon. Complete with cool speedo. Murray Meteor Flite.
  8. Mope Head

Good Vibrations back from the dead

A while back I picked this up for stupid cheap since it was on it's way to the boneyard. My original plan was to part it for other projects. A couple of weeks ago I finished up a Dyno that I was working on and had the original red wheels and tires sitting off to the side, near this Huffy. I...
  9. Mope Head

Life Is Good

Relaxing in the driveway, watching my kids ride bikes that I rescued from the bicycle boneyard. Particularly proud of my daughter's love for the old Aristocrat that I brought back from a very sad, very rusty death.
  10. Mope Head

Dyno Glide Deluxe Before and After

Just completed the transformation from beach cruiser to board tracker. Before: After:
  11. Mope Head

1950's Western Flyer Fire Flite

Picked from CL. Advertised as an American Flyer for $50 The Good: Loaded it up for $30. Originally an Arizona bike brought to Georgia a couple of years ago so very little rust. The bad: Obviously the bent forks. I'm gonna try my hand at straightening them, otherwise I've got a...
  12. Mope Head

Western Flyer on CL. What Do You Think...Yay or Nay?

Just down the street from me. I could get it this afternoon, but I'm on the fence. I've got a couple of donors I could probably get the forks from, if these are beyond hope. So...what do y'all think? Worth the trouble? http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/bik/4163369669.html
  13. Mope Head

Gravity (video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pkDxQK3bDc
  14. Mope Head

Banked A Couple Of Winter Projects

A Free Spirit and a Good Vibrations for $30. Both Huffys I reckon.
  15. Mope Head

Dyno Glide Deluxe

Just picked this bad boy on CL. Original thought was to strip it and repaint but when I picked it up I found the paint to be in amazingly good shape. Couple of small dings where the springer banged into the frame behind the head tube on full turn. Now I'm just mulling over my options. Current...
  16. Mope Head

Schwinn Collegiate

Just picked this little beauty from CL for $25. Preliminary research makes it an '84 Taiwan bike in "Dusty Rose". 3 Speed Shimano hub. Great shape and seems stock except for the Bell seat. If anyone has any additional info on this particular model I'd appreciate it. Not really up on my Schwinns...
  17. Mope Head

Wheel Size/Tire Help Needed

Hoping someone can help me out here. I'm trying to finish up a resurrection project but I'm hung up on a wheel/tire issue. Does anyone happen to know what size wheel a 26x2x1-3/4 tire will fit? I know that's a strange question but I have 2 tires, one wheel that they will fit and one that they...
  18. Mope Head

Latest Addition To My Fleet

Electra Cruiser in Matte Khaki with brownwall Retrorunners and a Tigershark seat I scored on Ebay. Just couldn't resist the mellow color. Let the mods begin.
  19. Mope Head

She-Rat

Well, I drive past an old shop near town occasionally and have seen this poor girl slowly rusting away beside it. I stopped one day and took a couple of pics, which I posted here: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75358 to get opinions about it. Originally I thought about a...
  20. Mope Head

How Far Gone is Too Far Gone?

Hi Folks, This is my first post so I thought I'd dive right in with this. So... What do you think? I have access to this old Aristocrat. Interesting frame. Rusty but seems solid, although no way to be sure until blasting it. Anyone know anything about them? I've got a buddy that owes me...
Back