Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Biggdaddy

Need Help with this one

I picked this one up yesterday from the guy I rent my shop from It kinda looks like a space liner but it has flat foorks and the wheels have big 11mm spokes and frt hub is lrg ACS aluminum any Ideas on year or make or is it something somebody built up
  2. Biggdaddy

RED A** MONKEY FINISHED

My friend Mikeeebikey built a really cool Dyno Cruiser Racer the problem was he had to show it to me I loved it so off to the shop and Ebay I go. I had an old Schwinn Point Beach Alloy cruiser frame hangin around which was perfect Dug up some 700 racing wheels, a set of bars off a Wrecked...
  3. Biggdaddy

Does Anyone Know Where I can Get a Seat Redone

I found an original seat for my Higgins and it needs to be redone. The cover is fried and it needs a new upper pan. I do not have the knowledge or the tools to fix it does anyone know where I can send it out to be redone for a resonable price?
  4. Biggdaddy

Scap Pile Dirt Jumper

I have been hearing a lot about 24 and 26in dirt jumper so I decide i'd see what the scrap pile had to offer. This is the closest I could find in the pile for a 24 bmx style frame it's a crap master granit peak. heres the start picks from today.
  5. Biggdaddy

Schwinn Ten Speed Help

Picked up an old Schwinn ten speed today Ser# DV502339 web says 58 I know thats wrong It has whats left of the same markings and is the same color (Red) as my 84 World but the frame is shorter and it has the freewheel front crank sprocket. Also it has the oblong white and red headbadge and my...
  6. Biggdaddy

Calling All BMX Experts

Pick up this Intense pro XL for almost nothing off CL the other day. Not being big into bmx bikes but seing a good blank canvas to start with I thought with a little in site from other RRB members I could build myself a sweet little bmx out of it. I want to use good parts but don't want to buy a...
  7. Biggdaddy

Time To Change Up My Daily Rider

For the last year or so I have been riding my scwuffy mutt. Last week end I took my friend Mikeybikee to pick up an old cruiser ss that he wanted the nexus three spd setup off when I saw the ss frame with the factory painted woodgrain I knew it would be my newe daily rider it just has that old...
  8. Biggdaddy

Late 60s or 70s Schwinn Typhoon Value

I have a guy wanting to sell me a late 60s or 70s typhoon It was red from factory and has one coat of cheap paint over the red (they did mask the chaingaurd label so it is still good) I think I could get the spray bomb off and save the original paint It has the wrong rims and I think the seat is...
  9. Biggdaddy

Firestone Warrior any idea what year

I picked up this warrior with a couple schwinns tonite and I instantly thought it will make a sweet ratrod for the wife so I did some research to see if I could find out what year it is but had no luck any help would be great. Ill get some better pick tomorrow.I cant be too old it has a BMA...
  10. Biggdaddy

Pair of nice schwinns and a real neat firestone warrior

Picked up these three tonite. The breeze and the colligate are real nice other than the missing derailer on the colligate. But I really like this Firestone warrior the twin bar frame and the cool handbars. I am going to ratrod it for my wife. Ill post some better pics tomorrow.
  11. Biggdaddy

1999 Gary Fisher Tassajara 15.00 Trade

I picked up a Huffy Vormax that someone converted into a road bike at a thrift store for 15.00 last Thurs. get it ready to flip for 65.00 and put it in the line.Sat a guy walks into my shop and tells me he has a bike that is to small for him and would like to trade so I show him the line and say...
  12. Biggdaddy

Junk Is Us

So I get a call from my friend MikeeBikey he says remember that drug dealer that got killed in a shoot out a couple weeks ago well my boss has to clean out the guys house and he has about 10 bikes we can get for 25 bucks. We figure it will be mostly bmx stuff but for 25 I'm in. When we get there...
  13. Biggdaddy

Winter Build Off JC Higgins (Traditional)START PICS

Here is the start of my thread I will post pics my start point later today
  14. Biggdaddy

CL let me Steal this Mustang

Had a good Sat at the shop so when I got home I jumped on CLand found an add for a mustang gts for a song that looked pretty good so we jumped in the truck at 8:30 and took an hour ride when I got there and saw the bikee I could not beleave she was selling it so cheap. She said she got it for...
  15. Biggdaddy

Recreation of my first build Rattastic to Rat Cruiser aka The Mutt

When I first started coming to RRB I had been collectting bikes for just over a year and did not know much about vintage bikes or building bikes. All I really knew was they were cheaper than the choppers I had been building and I could see a lot of possabilities for creativity. Ther first bike I...
  16. Biggdaddy

Late 40's early 50's JC Higgins Balloon Tires?

Hello Everyone, I am about to start restoring my JC Higgins and want to do it as close to original as possible. The tires that are on it are not stock I was wondering what is the closest to original tire I can buy new when I get ready to build. I am also looking for a tank and fender skirts if...
  17. Biggdaddy

Speedster survivor

Picked up this 1977 speedster Lg frame for a song today. After replacing the missing chain and seat (the rest of the bike is all original down to the tires and tubes) and rebuilding the rear hub. Then a quick ten min. clean up and took this baby for a ride. Still trying to decide wether to keep...
  18. Biggdaddy

Giant built Schwinn Cruiser Value and Info

I picked up this bike a while back. I was told it was built by Giant for Schwinn in 1987. I was womndering if my info is good and what the value might be as I was thinking about letting it go any info would be helpful. Thank you in advance. I have change the tires to a set of 26x2.125 Schwinn...
  19. Biggdaddy

Black repop Stingray

I picked up a black basic krate Stingray repop from a customer over the weekend. I see them on CL for around 200.00 in my area but I am wondering what is realitic value of this bike. I am trying to decide wether to keep it or flip it. Are values of these bikes rising or are they pretty much...
  20. Biggdaddy

Best engine kit to use???

Hello All, Wife decided she wants me to put a motor kit on one of my flipper bikes to see how it sells at the shop (Like I don't have enough work to do already). Anyway I have never done any research on these kits do any of yall know which ones are good and which ones to stay away from? I do...
Back