Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. erichevy

62 Schwinn Straight Bar

Thanks for the compliments fellas. After riding this around today, I just might need to hold onto this one :)
  2. erichevy

62 Schwinn Straight Bar

DONE! Rides like a dream. I was impressed with how comfortable this thing is :thumbsup: Only other thing I plan to do to it is peel off the MCS decal on the seat post.
  3. erichevy

62 Schwinn Straight Bar

In the home stretch now! 3 and a half months invested so far.... Not bad considering most of my projects take 3 and a half years typically :grin:
  4. erichevy

Schwinn Straight Bar Strandie

Saw this posted over on the museum.... real nice build :)
  5. erichevy

62 Schwinn Straight Bar

Changed my mind on pedals again.... I'll be using some old XCII's now. I should have it all complete and together by the weekend finally! I'll post pics of the final result soon. Can't wait!
  6. erichevy

62 Schwinn Straight Bar

So.... Went to mount those Torker forks I bought at the midwest bmx show back in February and the steer tube was about 3/4" too short. UGH! I found another 26" fork with the correct length steer tube on bmxmuseum. They are probably Akisu brand or something like that, but they are chrome and...
  7. erichevy

62 Schwinn Straight Bar

Both wheels complete! I laced the rear last night and trued it up on my Park Stand. I spent a quiet morning today rebuilding the Bendix Coaster since the family was away. Waiting on some different forks I purchased this morning on bmxmuseum and still waiting for my Brooks Flyer to show up in...
  8. erichevy

62 Schwinn Straight Bar

Front wheel is all tight and trued with new rubber mounted! Happy with the results so far.
  9. erichevy

New builds coming soon - Frames back from powder coat

Cool! Thanks, Puch is actually what came to mind originally.
  10. erichevy

New builds coming soon - Frames back from powder coat

Cool stuff! What is the lugged bmx? Looks pretty awesome.
  11. erichevy

62 Schwinn Straight Bar

Found some pedals in the basement while searching for a crown race for the build. These old Schwinn pedals are real nice and will be perfect for this build. I'll keep my DX pedals for my BMX build I got goin on.....
  12. erichevy

62 Schwinn Straight Bar

Welp.... That sucked. 260mm is too long. I laced it hoping I could get some tension...NOPE! I should have come here first before ordering spokes. 258mm on order! Thanks for the tip Dizzle :)
  13. erichevy

'62 Schwinn 24'' cruiser

Cool stuff! Love the straight bar Schwinns.
  14. erichevy

62 Schwinn Straight Bar

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately I already purchased spokes... 260mm. That was the best information I could find when I was googling around. Wonder if they will be too long. They are cheap enough, I could probably get the correct ones I suppose.
  15. erichevy

62 Schwinn Straight Bar

Arayas and Snakebellies. Need to build up the wheels with my hubs I have for this one....
  16. erichevy

62 Schwinn Straight Bar

Ebay - Johnny Chopper.... Cost about a 10th of what a pair of Cooks Bros would cost me, lol.
  17. erichevy

62 Schwinn Straight Bar

A few of the parts I have.... Some Longhorns, a Bendix, Tuf Neck, Oury grips, DC clamp, and some Sugino gear goodies...
  18. erichevy

62 Schwinn Straight Bar

Well, this is how it looks today. I have all the parts now, just need to find time to put it together :)
  19. erichevy

62 Schwinn Straight Bar

So.... I have collected a few more parts so far. I ended up sending the frame off to get powdered in "original" red. The finish was really bad after looking it over. It had been touched up with red primer at least a couple times in it's life. Had some sort of weird (and runny) yellow paint...
  20. erichevy

62 Schwinn Straight Bar

I'll need to add some pictures when I get the chance, but I picked up a few more things for the build. I found the Araya 7X's I needed. Got a front hub as well (high flange Suzue). For bars, I went with a pair of "Cooks Bros Longhorns" by Johnny Chopper.
Back