Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. UNDER-PRESSURE

Army cruiser

WOW!! That is a great looking seat.
  2. UNDER-PRESSURE

Army cruiser

Thanks for the great idea!! Off to the Army / Navy store. :wink:
  3. UNDER-PRESSURE

Army cruiser

Well i had another good day at the local flea market & picked up a set of rusty, bent fork truss rods & a rear basket of unknow origin. A little sanding, tweaking & some olive drab paint and now it's a bagger. :mrgreen: I've just got to figure out something to do with that UGLY seat??
  4. UNDER-PRESSURE

Greased Lightning. 1953 Schwinn

NICE bike!!
  5. UNDER-PRESSURE

81 Schwinn Clunker

Thanks for the kind words guys & i'm glad you like the bike. I'm having a blast riding it again.
  6. UNDER-PRESSURE

81 Schwinn Clunker

The red anodized parts do have a nice look to them but i needed a change. Resale value really doesn't matter to me as this bike will NEVER be for sale. :wink:
  7. UNDER-PRESSURE

81 Schwinn Clunker

The rims & hubs where in nice shape but the spokes where looking a little tired so i just sprayed them flat black. I like this yellow & black look ALOT more than the original yellow & red..... i guess my taste has changed over the years.
  8. UNDER-PRESSURE

81 Schwinn Clunker

The red anodized Araya rims were salvagable so they got the flat black puff can paint job with some fresh Wal Mart mountain bike tires. The Tange fork & Old BMX stem got the flat black paint also. The SE LayBack seat post was rusted up pretty good but some elbow grease got it usable again. I was...
  9. UNDER-PRESSURE

81 Schwinn Clunker

Here are some pic's of my 1981 Schwinn i purchased New in San Diego as a kid. It was built new with red anodized BMX parts & Red comp III tires. After riding it for a couple years it got retired to my parents shed & parted out for other bikes over the years. After stumbling onto this website you...
  10. UNDER-PRESSURE

Hello from Florida

Well thanks to a local flee market & Wal Mart for parts my 81 Schwinn is on the road again. :mrgreen: Not as pretty as when it was new but it's good to ride it again.
  11. UNDER-PRESSURE

Hello from Florida

I'm not sure?? I bought the frame when i was a kid & built it up as a single speed with BMX components. You weren't KOOL in Southern California if you weren't riding one. :)
  12. UNDER-PRESSURE

Army cruiser

Here is a pic & some details on my Army themed cruiser. It is a 26" Greenline cruiser frame & forks, Black alloy 26" rims with Kenda flame tires, Black Mongoose stem with Black CW Cruiser bars, cheapy BMX grips with both ends cut off, Olive drab bike bell on bars, 180mm BMX cranks with Redline...
  13. UNDER-PRESSURE

Hello from Florida

Re: fl. I'm in Cocoa Florida. Here is a pic of my 1981 Schwinn i purchased new in San Diego & built up with red anodized BMX parts & tires. I just pulled it out of my parents shed & hope to get it on the road again. The search for parts has begun.
  14. UNDER-PRESSURE

Hello from Florida

No i haven't seen any of the other Army bikes yet.
  15. UNDER-PRESSURE

Hello from Florida

I just wanted to say HI after stumbling onto this KOOL site while looking for parts for my 1981 Schwinn. There are some GREAT bikes on this site & you all have inspired me to bring my old Schwinn back to it's former glory. Here is a pic of my daily rider. It's a Greenline 26" Army cruiser...
Back