Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. F

Need help with a recent find... Its a 30s Aerocycle

I don't know that I would be so quick to throw it on FEEBAY. You need to do some research. If you sell the bike on ebay for say $10,000 your Ebay and PayPal fees will be around $1,000 10% to ebay and 3% to PayPal and that does not include the listing fees. If you put a reserve on it it will...
  2. F

Monark silver king I.D

Check your original post. JKent
  3. F

Kalin I.D. help

There are a few thing that the bike has going for it. #1 it has the original fenders$$$$ They are usually missing and are impossible to find. This is a 24" bike not your typical 26" But almost all Silver Kings are 24" there are only a few models that where made in a 26" frame. #2 it has the...
  4. F

1982 GT BMX Nora Cup

The rims are A.C.S.-Z the hubs are Suze. The bike is on Ebay right now if it doesn't meet the reserve I will hang on to this one for a while. Thanks, For all the comments and info. JKent
  5. F

Shipping a bike

Does anyone else ever use Bikeflights? I have shipped several bikes from Alabama to California for $65 - $80 A lot of times if you go through Fed Ex and use a full bicycle box it's going to cost a lot. But if you cut just a few inches off the length of the box it drops the price nearly in half...
  6. F

GT BMX Nora Cup

Picked this bike up at an estate sale it was kept inside the house in a back room. Too Clean to pass up.
  7. F

1982 GT BMX Nora Cup

8. F

1982 GT BMX Nora Cup

I usually don't have much interest in BMX bikes but I came across this one inside of a house at an estate sale and it was just too clean to pass up. It's a 1982 GT BMX Santa Anna California Nora Cup I hope someone here can shed some light on it for me. It looks to me like it has a mix of parts...
  9. F

unknown yard decor

just a small sidewalk bike. doesn't look to be of much value. There has been some hacking on it as well. JKent
  10. F

Dry spell?

we've also had a lot of big auctions like Copake and big shows like Memory Lane and Trexlertown lately and people are selling there and holding on to what they have for these big events. Just a thought. JKent
  11. F

Schwinn Trike

It took me over an hour to get the rear rims off the axle. It's no joke but they will come off. Just be sure to remove the pin. JKent
  12. F

Mike Wolfe of American Pickers & FELT Bicycles create the "Red Wolfe" Bike

You would think as old school as Mike is, That he would have gone to Indian or Harley to come up with a new bike design. I would like to have seen that more so than the Felt. I mean Indian has started making motorcycles again and HD has really never stopped. So I would really liked to have seen...
  13. F

Schwinn Trike

I am in the process of doing a swap right now. The problem I have ran into is the hubs. The hubs that are on the bike, which are specific to the Trike is, they are 28 hole hubs. And trying to find a 28 hole 26" rim has become impossible. You might be able to find a 28 hole 24 " rim for a balloon...
  14. F

Seat post is seized

This is the way I get a stuck seat post out. Spray pb blaster on it let it sit for a few minutes. Flip the bike frame upside down and clamp the seat post in a vice. I have a big heavy 40 or 50 lbs. vice. And use the frame for leverage and pull up and twist the seat tube back and forth to loosen...
  15. F

My Latest Selling Experience.

I had some bikes on CL for sale recently, Most of them were cheap bikes that I pick up and try to flip for a few extra bicycles funds. Out of 6 bikes I had on there I only sold 1 and most of these bikes are in riding condition and don't need anything. I have several at $40. The one bike I did...
  16. F

1930's? Columbia restored project. What to do???

Cory, Any interest in selling this frame? JKent
  17. F

Parts, Parts, Parts

What is the red tank?
  18. F

Kool Find

Don't hit that front brake to hard.
  19. F

Pricey

You might have some good luck looking around at estate sales. I have bought complete stand up tool boxes full of tools for under $100 at estate sales. $15 for a welder $20 for a media blaster. deals are out there.
  20. F

Pricey

Sorry it's 6:00 a.m. here and I don't have pictures of mine but I have a 100lbs. Vise anvil that I use. I bout it 4 years ago on a pick and I just about had to dig it out of the ground. It was frozen solid. Nothing on it would move, I got it home soaked it down in BP Blaster and media blast it...
Back