Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. TwentyTwenTwen

"For Ape Hangers Only" Club

1970 Ross Banshee built from the frame up. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. TwentyTwenTwen

Shop Tip for January

Thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. TwentyTwenTwen

Iverson (?) Highspeed muscle bike

Pothole stickers. Ha ha! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. TwentyTwenTwen

Show Your Muscle Bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. TwentyTwenTwen

Alternative De-rusting Agent?

I recently used oxalic acid powder (sold as Wood Bleach) to remove rust from small paint chips and dings on a steel bike. I made a diluted solution and dipped the whole frame overnight. The rust was gone and there was no other damage to the paint, clear coat or decals. Thanks for the warning...
  6. TwentyTwenTwen

"For Ape Hangers Only" Club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. TwentyTwenTwen

Clean crusty bearings?

I haven't tried it yet but a buddy of mine uses one of these and Super Clean to clean two stroke engine parts. He swears by it. http://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html
  8. TwentyTwenTwen

How to decide which ape hanger is right?

Boogie, Check out The Olde Bike Shop in Arlington, they have a ton of old bikes and might be able to help you out with ideas. There is also Bull Run Bicycles in Manassas, they don't usually stock apes but I have ordered them from this shop in the past. I live in NoVa and have a few different...
  9. TwentyTwenTwen

Secrets of the Masters

I like to drop a quarter into my grips before I slide them on. This helps protect from the bars from punching through. I also use windex to install and remove grips. It's cheap, gets the job done and dries really fast. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. TwentyTwenTwen

Sand blasted rail

Luke is correct. After blasting and before powder it was very rough and textured. After powder it's all nice and smooth and has a very nice shine. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. TwentyTwenTwen

Sand blasted rail

You'll be fine the way it is. The powder coasters I've dealt with in the past prefer sandblasted metal to start with. All that "texture" is actually expanding the surface are of your bike by some stupid number like 400%! This helps the powder coat adhere. If you sand it smooth it will look good...
  12. TwentyTwenTwen

Cantilever tube squeak?!

I had a Colombia frame that creaked every time it was ridden. Then one day I heard a "PING" and the creaking stopped. I noticed a broken weld where the drive side canti tube met the down tube. I'm not saying this is your issue but it sounds similar to mine. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. TwentyTwenTwen

Odd seatpost size?

Being that this post is now over a year old I'm sure this will be of no use to you now, but I'd guess you needed a 13/16" seetpost.
Back