Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Dbubbleguy

Transistor Radio Holder

I have made a number of postings here on the Forum about "bicycle radios", which could be mounted on a bike, usually on the handlebars. There actually was one more option to be had... a transistor radio holder that would mount on the handlebars. I recently picked up one on Ebay. The only problem...
  2. Dbubbleguy

Square Wheel Bicycle

REAL SQUARE WHEELS! Video starts with promos. Actual construction starts at 1:50 minutes into the video. Riding starts at 6:31 minutes into the video. Click Here- Square Wheels
  3. Dbubbleguy

1940 Motorola B-150 Bicycle Radio

There are 3 bicycle radios using tubes (not transistors) that are really rare- The Tom Thumb Bicycle Radio, the Darb Holiday Bicycle radio, and the 1940 Motorola B-150 Bicycle Radio. Of these, I have the Tom Thumb and the Darb. The Holy Grail of these radios is the Motorola. Usually when these...
  4. Dbubbleguy

Antique Bikes for Sale in UK

Click Here >>>>Bikes for Sale
  5. Dbubbleguy

OK Guys! How does this bike seat grab you???????

A handy seat <<< click here
  6. Dbubbleguy

Peewee Herman replica on Ebay

I'm confused by some of the parts... 3-speed shifter but no bell crank on the right side rear wheel (appears to be a single speed coaster brake hub. Brake lever but no caliper brake on front wheel. Only asking 7.5Gs. Ebay Peewee Bike
  7. Dbubbleguy

Blank Greeting Card

Came across a blank greeting card that I've had for at least 20 years...
  8. Dbubbleguy

Do You Ever Bicycle In Parades?

The Annual Middletown (DE) Hummer's New Year Parade is a home grown walk around town that spoofs events and people who were in the headlines of the previous year. People just show up and strut their stuff. Generally it would start at 1 PM and be finished by 2 PM. I have participated in the...
  9. Dbubbleguy

Halloween Bikes?

Found on Face Book. Located in St. Georges, Delaware. Bridges over the C&D Canal in the background.
  10. Dbubbleguy

Giggle...

11. Dbubbleguy

Photo Found On Face Book

Cool Beans!
  12. Dbubbleguy

Do You Have A Webpage Or Online Photo Album?

I have a Flickr account with a number of different albums for my hobbies. One album is for bicycles, either ones I have owned or photos from a small Bicycle Museum. Check out my bikes and post a link to your collection... My Flickr Bike Album
  13. Dbubbleguy

We Build On The Past

When I was in High School, on Saturdays I would go to the Library and look at turn of the Century (1900-1910) U.S. Patent Office Gazettes. Each month would consist of 4 or 5 large books about 5 inches thick. What surprised me was the amount of bicycle patents, from complete bikes to every part...
  14. Dbubbleguy

1950s/60s European Bikes

Back in 1973 my brother and I worked on Nantucket Island as mechanics at a bike rental place. Occasionally we would see some unusual bikes, other than the 3-speed rental bikes that were everywhere. Here's 2 European bikes from the 1950's/60s. Check out the brazed on derailleurs.
  15. Dbubbleguy

Official Schwinn Dealer / Shop Parts & Accessories Catalog 1973 -2000

See the following listing on Ebay- The Schwinn Literature Mother Load, Official Schwinn Dealer / Shop Parts & Accessories Catalog 1973 -2000 This is The Holy Grail of Schwinn Literature, Complete Vintage Genuine Original Schwinn Shop / Dealer Parts and Accessories Catalogs from 1973 to 2000...
  16. Dbubbleguy

Strange Rear Wheel

I was poking around Ebay and came across this really strange looking rear wheel. Any ideas as to what it is, what it was used for? Strange Wheel
  17. Dbubbleguy

Late Entry For Build-Off 14?

Some friends sent me a photo of an art installation from the American Art Museum at the Smithsonian in Washington DC. Since art can be interpretive, my take on this- I think this is a metaphor for the United States... one country governed by 2 political parties, each pulling in the opposite...
  18. Dbubbleguy

Funky Folder

Found a really funky folder on Ebay. Thought it would make the perfect Boardwalk bike, as the wheel base is only 33-1/2"s axle to axle. It is well designed and well made. Stood up to FedEx's best efforts to destroy the shipping box. The company name is FUERDI. Sounds Italian but made in China. I...
  19. Dbubbleguy

Vintage Bicycle Show Report

Went to what was billed as a vintage bike show which was being held at a car cruise event in Salem, New Jersey. Unfortunately, the JERSEY DEVILS Bike Club was not there, as they were hosting a bike show in Hellertown, Pennsylvania. There were only a dozen bikes on display but there were truck...
  20. Dbubbleguy

Making A Windshield

I work in an Industrial Tool and Supply store and as I was handing a customer a replacement face shield lens I had a eureka moment........WINDSHIELD! Below find a parts list and some simple instructions. Parts: - Replacement face shield 15-1/2" x 8-1/2". These come as a splash shield or an...
Back