Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. fat tire trader

SOLD 1920s/30s Colson Silver Ring

1920s or early 30s Colson Silver Ring $250 plus shipping More pictures of the rest of the parts can be seen here http://www.fattiretrading.com/colson-silver-ring.html
  2. fat tire trader

Prewar fork with truss rods

I have this fork for sale $120 shipped
  3. fat tire trader

Middleweight peaked fenders

I have some very nice, maybe nos chrome peaked fenders.
  4. fat tire trader

Charger CT5 Shifter

Charger CT5 Shifter $25 shipped
  5. fat tire trader

REDUCED Anthony Bros Convertotrike parts (Sale Pending)

I can't wait to see it!
  6. fat tire trader

REDUCED Anthony Bros Convertotrike parts (Sale Pending)

$150 shipped Now $125 shipped
  7. fat tire trader

SOLD Whizzer Tank

Whizzer Tank Missing mounting brackets Petcock has been replaced $50 or best offer shipped
  8. fat tire trader

San Rafael Vintage Bike Swap Meet Sunday September 3rd

San Rafael/Via Sessi Vintage Cycle Swap 1349 Via Sessi San Rafael First Sunday of almost Every Month! Next Swap: Sunday September 3rd 10AM to Noon Swap spaces are $10
  9. fat tire trader

San Rafael Vintage Bike Swap Meet

San Rafael Vintage Bicycle Swap Meet First Sunday of almost every month Next Swap August 2nd 10AM to Noon Via Sessi San Rafael
  10. fat tire trader

San Rafael Vintage Bicycle Swap Meet September 7th

The next San Rafael Vintage Bicycle Swap Meet will be on September 7th from 10AM to Noon at Via Sessi in San Rafael. This swap happens on the first Sunday of almost every month.
  11. fat tire trader

San Rafael Vintage Bicycle Swap Meet Sunday May 4th

San Rafael Vintage Bicycle Swap Meet Sunday May 4th 10AM - Noon Via Sessi San Rafael
  12. fat tire trader

Headlight and lighting issues help needed!!

For your bike, I like the motor cycle light in the first post. It is exactly what I was thinking of while looking at your bike. You can make a battery box that goes somewhere on your bike for a 12 volt gel cell battery that you recharge.
  13. fat tire trader

Truss rod Q for the veteran builders

Lets see a picture of your bike. I think the truss rods should look good on your bike, so... They can be made out of steel , aluminum, or... They can be solid or tubular. They need to be flattened on one end with a hole to fit over your axle and threaded on the other end to attach to the truss...
  14. fat tire trader

V Brakes posts for a Klunker

Whoops, my spelling mistake. I used all capitals, because I remembered that the letters stand for something, but I mixed up the C with a K. MAFAC, or Manufacture Arvernoise de Freins et Accessoires pour Cycles (Arveni Manufacturing Works for Bicycle Brakes and Accessories) One of the main...
  15. fat tire trader

They are not related. To see some early cantilever brakes, check out my 1942 Hercules BV Deluxe. http://www.fattiretrading.com/42herc.html
  16. fat tire trader

Cantilever brakes have been available since before WW2. Many people used MAFAK cantilevers on their klunkers, and I installed (brazed) them on many bikes in the late 70s and early 80s. The first Ritchey Mountain bikes came with MAFAKs. The MAFAK was the best brake, in my opinion, until Charlie...
  17. fat tire trader

I did lots of Klunker conversions for people in the 70s and 80s. I would braze cantilever studs on the frame, with a little heat, they are easy to remove. You have already modified the frame by spreading the stays to put in the rear wheel. If you do not do this properly, the dropouts will not be...
  18. fat tire trader

Sprocket and Chainring Gallery - POST PICS HERE

Here is a page that I made on sprockets many years ago. I am going to revise it soon. http://home.comcast.net/~chriseye/sprockets.html
  19. fat tire trader

Pre war Schwinn

It looks like the fork is from a Rollfast or a Hawthorne.
  20. fat tire trader

Wheel builders - Spoke lengths for Morrow to Araya 26 in. 7x rim?

If you build it 4 cross, then use 270mm or 10 5/8"
Back