Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. D

Help with the years on theses old schwinn's

both of those bikes are prewar as indicated by the rear facing dropouts and yes both very cool bikes
  2. D

Newer three peice cranks in an old cruser

redid the link shortly after i posted tried to show the whole page of bottom bracket conversions but for some reason it showed conversion vans anyways now shows the one i use
  3. D

Newer three peice cranks in an old cruser

A couple of ways to do it i usually use the open bearing conversion kit cheap and easy http://www.ebay.com/itm/BB-Conversion-Kit-for-Bottom-Bracket-YST-Corp-1-Piece-to-3-piece-/221339994309?pt=US_Bottom_Brackets&hash=item3388e448c5
  4. D

Need Help IDing Frame Please

When i saw the straight top tubes lugged frame and W at the beginning and end of the serial # i thought for sure Worksman but i see what your talking about in the downtube and dropouts maybe an older one or another brand industrial bicycle Husky makes one very similar to the Worksman Newsboy but...
  5. D

Need Help IDing Frame Please

Worksman model M2600 http://worksmancycles.com/shopsite_sc/s ... bikes.html
  6. D

three latest

thats one helluva gate
  7. D

Ebay sellers -Schwinn frame mods.??

Those cast iron plumbing elbows are kinda hard to weld. Thats why you cover the whole thing up with red duct tape
  8. D

Whats your favorite Cruiser frame?

Can't beat the old Schwinn straightbars heres a couple i built one prewar one postwar i think its what most modern frames are fashioned after like that straightbar Merlin for instance
  9. D

Schwinn Headset

just make sure its bmx not roadbike
  10. D

Schwinn Headset

You need to look for an old school bmx headset 1" threaded you can find them now and then on ebay Chris King makes one probably costs more than you paid for the frame
  11. D

What are the coolest bikes you've ever ridden?

Coolest bike i ever rode was the new stingray my mom bought me for my tenth birthday in 1968 that bike was COOL!!! Wish i still had it. Lemon yellow with a black banana seat and a slick
  12. D

My names Doug and i'm a bikeaholic

Thats what happened to the picture when i tried to post it i tried resizing and that didn't work anyhow just figured out if you click on the picture it will show the fullsize image
  13. D

My names Doug and i'm a bikeaholic

Greetings from Arizonas west coast Lake Havasu City on the Colorado river tried posting a photo but i didn't like the way it was working image was too big and got cropped on the side so i'll just try this for now not to good with computers much happier with a wrench in my hand instead of a mouse...
Back