Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Boonies

WTB: Schwinn 70s-80s step through

Looking for a Schwinn Step through bike/frame in Chicago. Something like a traveler or Le Tour but open to other options. 21" or 22" frame would be best. Any color but red...
  2. Boonies

Columbia Twosome Tandem $125

Nice 5 speed tandem with 1-3/8 (590/650A) wheels/tires and modern dual pivot side pull brake. In good running shape but has cosmetic flaws and not all parts are original to the bike. $125 and you pick it up in Chicago IL, Edgewater neighborhood.
  3. Boonies

WTB: Sugino Crankset

Looking for a Sugino square taper crankset in 150-152mm crank arm length. Mostly off old BMX or kids bikes so there should be more than a few out there. Shot me an PM if ye got something.
  4. Boonies

Cottered Crankset: Stronglight, Dupart, Williams, etc.

Looking for a cottered crank set with removable chainrings. 116, 50.4 or 88.9 BCD would be the easiest to deal with. English 9/16-20 pedal thread also a plus. 165mm / 6.5" center to center crank arm length is the one thing i'm a stickler for. Chrome can be anywhere from Great to decent...
  5. Boonies

REDUCED NOS 80's Jamis Wheeloc oldschool cruiser/BMX wheel protection!

Pretty cool 80s Jamis Wheeloc still in the package. The bubble plastic has started to pull away from the paper as they were folded for many many years and stored in a shop. 3/8-26 threading for old school BMX and cruiser wheels. Dug up a second set so price for each is $25 + 7.15 USPS flat rate...
  6. Boonies

A Sturmey archer mystery

Went about stripping a couple of SA 3 speed to fix another and found this odd little lightened 3 speed internals (right side of first picture). Perhaps this was a common thing "back in the day" but I've never see a SA internals quite like it. Anyone have any info?
  7. Boonies

From the saddle of a 1950 Panther...

I recently transplanted myself from the state of Vermont to the windy city of Chicago. Well, 'round about July 4th last year, which means less than 12 months ago...so I'd say that is recent. The 1,000 mile move was a bit of an adventure for me and my best bud Steve, and it was made even more...
Back