Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. coopieclan

Converting my folding bike to a Stingray

Well ... I rode around for a year on the fat rear wheel. I put the bike in the trunk of my car to go to ride in New Jersey. That has been fine. Now ... I was riding to work on 8th Avenue in Manhattan, a tough ride, and I broke my bike in half. This is the end for the Giordano. NEVER BUY THE...
  2. coopieclan

While in New Jersey I popped my rear inner tube, twice, so I just bought a "Dura" tire from Top Low RIder . The new tire is 20 X 1.75 and will go to 80 psi. My rear is now slightly fatter. I hope this fixes my problem.
  3. coopieclan

What tire can I use?

I got a "SLIME" inner tube at Ace/Tru-Value and a Dura tire from Top Low Rider. The tire is a 20" X 1.75" and fits well. I can run it up to 80 psi (it says) I like the fatter rear. After a few miles on city streets we'll se how I go.
  4. coopieclan

What tire can I use?

Any Ideas? I keep on popping my rear tire. I have the folding stingray and I put lots more weight on the rear than the Giordano factory ever thought. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=66800 The rear wheel had been replaced (I kept on breaking spokes) The back tire is a 32 spoke 20 inch X 1.5 inch, but...
  5. coopieclan

The bike is working well, I had a test fold up session. Next I put it in my car and take it to the beach (New Jersey)
  6. coopieclan

Another little touch is my tool pouch under the Banana seat. It is an accessory kit pouch that I added 4 grommets to. Bungee cord and snap clips hold it up there. It is invisible from the top view.
  7. coopieclan

I can pop a wheelie with a little back pressure on the handlebars & pushing hard in first gear. BUT my rear fender is now too low for that activity. It is O.K. because the bike becomes unstable in the "Wheelie" moment.
  8. coopieclan

Also the way I keep my chain and lock wrapped up around the seat post. My brake and shifter cables are kept tidy by a red velcro strap behind my headlight. And the rear light is mounted under the seat with a long screw that goes all the way through.
  9. coopieclan

I had to replace my rear wheel, I kept on breaking spokes. The guys at Al's Cycle solutions ordered a stronger rear for me (Awesome!) and now for some finishing touches. There is my drilled out dice for valve covers.
  10. coopieclan

How to "Throw Sparks"

How do I "Throw Sparks" on my bike. At 0CC they put a spark plug at the tailpipe, flames come out as the bike runs rich and the fumes get ignited by the plug. Don't the drag racers have some gimmick on the wheelie bar? Razor scooters have an adaption for a flint to scrape the ground and throw...
  11. coopieclan

The Bickerton looks cool!
  12. coopieclan

I just cut the fenders down with tin snips... I guess I should hit the cut place with some clear coat to stop rust. Photos to follow...
  13. coopieclan

I added Fenders and bought a taller sissy bar from toplowrider.com I never really wanted a backrest. The fenders are too big They hang low and scrape when I ride off a curb.
  14. coopieclan

I'm shopping for fenders and a taller sissy bar. The red tires are going to have to wait
  15. coopieclan

What triggered your bicycle revival?

I just went on vacation in Florida. And it hit me... When I go to Islamorada I ride on the resort bike in the morning. That was it! Last January I decided to buy some kind of bike and ride more. I forgot why I bought the bike.
  16. coopieclan

I saw this Bike @ OCC

Went to Orange County Choppers in New York State They built a custom bicycle in the shape of their logo. I have seen the production pedal bikes from OCC and they are very stylish. This one is just looney I like it Fun to ride? The mororcycles they have on display are works of art.
  17. coopieclan

Where do you go to show off your bike in your town?

Oh I thought it might be a Beach-Boys reference. My brother lives in Chicago... Your cargo trike is awesome! I am a urban Yankee Red-Neck This is me riding in Times Square
  18. coopieclan

WO0ow, The internet is awesome! Texas Kokomo (IN?) Virginia Beach Georgia New Hampshire San Diego Australia EVEN NEW JERSEY!! In the summer I will probably ride around Brigantine Beach NJ.
  19. coopieclan

This is the most amazing (awful) combination of bicycle and motor ever as seen at Coney Island
  20. coopieclan

In New York City the only place I know where people go to show off weird and custom bikes is the boardwalk of Coney Island. Sundays I think...this is from the boardwalk How do I find the scene in New York?
Back