Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. murdercycles

project bikes

@SlyRed
  2. murdercycles

***WBO 2017 (AG/UF BO) VOTING THREAD!***

Congrats to all! Can't believe I made the top 10. To top it off, I finished second in my class at a local show today. So many rad builds here. Honored to be part of it
  3. murdercycles

Rusted pedals to crank

I have also had success going from extreme heat to extreme cold. Heat up with a torch then blast it with some "freeze off" (available at most automotive suppliers) or an upside-down can of spray air, or dunk it in ice water. The drastic expanding and contracting does the trick!
  4. murdercycles

Homemade old school chain tensioner

awesome idea. well done
  5. murdercycles

Stretchliner V3

Thanks for the props everyone!
  6. murdercycles

Stretch-liner V3

Here is a quick run down of what was done: 1965 Sears Spaceliner frame, cut off at the rear drop outs. Seat tube removed. New seat tube rolled from new tubing and welded into new location. Frame braces/fender mounts removed Chain stays heated and bent down about 15 degrees. Seat stays and...
  7. murdercycles

Stretchliner V3

Here are my official finished pictures! Build thread can be found here: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/stretch-liner-
  8. murdercycles

Stretch-liner V3

9. murdercycles

Stretch-liner V3

Seat is a refurbished Troxel long spring. Everything powder coated black, leather pad
  10. murdercycles

Stretch-liner V3

Thanks very much. More to come!
  11. murdercycles

Stretch-liner V3

She's done. Finished pics will be on the finished thread in a day or two. Here's a few for now:
  12. murdercycles

Stretch-liner V3

Its not the lightest thing in the world, but yes, the frame itself is fairly light. With the fork, wheel/tire combo, and front rack, its pretty heavy. Id say its on par with most of my heavyweights/ballooners like The Super Deluxe and x53
  13. murdercycles

Stretch-liner V3

About half way back together! Pics coming soon!
  14. murdercycles

1958 Hiawatha (AMF) 'Rat-o Chief

Well Done Dave!
  15. murdercycles

Stretch-liner V3

I appreciate the insight. I believe I may just leave it bare and varnish it. There is a bit of detailing needed to clean it up, but I think I'm up for it.
  16. murdercycles

Stretch-liner V3

Thank you!!!
  17. murdercycles

Stretch-liner V3

Thank you sir! I wish I took more build photos when I made it. There was a lot involved. The fwd/rev lever actually locks it in gear and everything.
  18. murdercycles

Stretch-liner V3

19. murdercycles

Stretch-liner V3

The rest of the fab is done! All gears are working and it rides great. I am planning to tear down for paint work, but I have had a lot of feedback regarding keeping it bare. I have a few bare metal bikes already. Thought?
  20. murdercycles

Stretch-liner V3

Back