Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. sandmountainslim

ID This Troxtel saddle

Any idea the years this particular saddle was produced? I got it for $5 at a yard sale and love it.
  2. sandmountainslim

Tank found at Yardsale/ID Help please

Found this old tank at a yardsale for four bucks and affixed it to my Schwinn. Can anyone tell me what it is from?? It doesn't fit my bike but for the money it works well enough. Thinking of painting it to match but I also like the patina
  3. sandmountainslim

The Ghost (Rat Rod)

Hello all this is my project I call The Ghost. It started out as a torch cut dash/gas tank for a 1929 Ford and moved on from there. I originally had a glass body from Spirit Industries but decided I wanted something different out of metal. Yesterday I ended up with a GREAT Model...
  4. sandmountainslim

Should I attempt to build a wooden "tank"?

I want a tank for my '88 Schwinn and the PRICES I see on ebay and elsewhere are near what I have in the rest of the bike total! I was thinking of cutting out a piece of wood and painting it either black or white to fill the void and be a faux tank. To me a cruiser style bike looks incomplete...
  5. sandmountainslim

WHAT is this??

A friend has offered me this thing for free if I come get it. WHAT is it? A Schwinn? Can this frame be cut down and made into a normal bike????
  6. sandmountainslim

Found a Columbia Five Star!

Picked this up today. A guy had got it when he bought a dozen old bikes that were in a chicken house. Brought it home and it is HEAVY which makes it hard to pedal so I actually prefer riding my '88 Schwinn Cruiser. I may keep the Columbia and I might remove the rear rack (for my Schwinn)...
  7. sandmountainslim

Columbia Five Star suburb??

Lookin at a bike found in a barn. Metal colored tank rear rack and headlight on fender. Its labeled Columbia Five Star Supurb. Solid with surface rust. Ballpark value? Tires are good. approx age? Thanks
  8. sandmountainslim

Can anyone ID this headlight?

Can anyone ID this old Bike Headlight I got online? I want to convert it to LED when it arrives and I was wondering if anyone had saw this model before and could tell me what it is.
  9. sandmountainslim

Went looking for My childhood Huffy Bandit today...no luck

Went to my dad's today and prowled thru the woods which is the last place I saw the Huffy Bandit I got for Christmas in 1978 but had no luck finding the bike. I rolled it out in the woods after a bike crash in June 1984 which gave me three days in the hospital and a fractured skull. I prowled...
  10. sandmountainslim

When did the last major bike MFG leave the U.S.?

I know there are some high dollar bikes still made in the USA but when did the last everyday bike maker (Murray, Huffy, Etc) pull the plug and send the work offshore to Asia?
  11. sandmountainslim

Which Schwinns had the "Feather Chainguard"?

Which models and from what year range was the "feather" used on Schwinn?
  12. sandmountainslim

HELP!! Handlebars won't fit my gooseneck!

Picked up a Wald 314 gooseneck to install on my '88 Schwinn Cruiser today and it fit fine BUT the factory handlebars will not fit the gooseneck! the bars are too small in diameter. They appear to be 1/2 pipe from end to end and are a uniform diameter. Are my bars supposed to be larger in the...
  13. sandmountainslim

ID this chain guard?

Looking at this on an auction site. Seller lists it as a Monark. Anyone know for sure what it is and from what era? Thanks for any replies.
  14. sandmountainslim

Educate Me On Schwinn Cantilever Frames

I keep seeing references online to "1955 Style Cantilever Frames" How are these frames different from the Schwinn's made prior to 1955? Was there a major redesign of the Cantilever frame that year? Are all the 60's 70's and 80's Schwinn cantilever framed bikes the "1955 style"? Please...
  15. sandmountainslim

I want a Pre-War ANYTHING!!

This site has me jonesing for a Pre-War Schwinn or anything else so bad! I want a frame that I can build up into a cruiser. I am watching a Pre War Schwinn frame on Ebay right now but being a newbie I am unsure if the price is right :x How hard are Pre-War bikes to find out in the...
  16. sandmountainslim

'88 Schwinn Cruiser

This is my first attempt at salvaging an old bike and the first bike I have owned since I was a kid. Found it at a thrift last week and removed the rusty fenders, replaced the seat and chain and got everything oiled up. It's a 1988 mfg Schwinn Cruiser and best I can tell it was made by China...
  17. sandmountainslim

Newbie From Bama

Hello, Just found the site and LOVE it! I have just started to be interested in old banger bikes ...which is good because it seems my Rat Rod '29 Ford will NEVER be finished due to financial reasons :) I was working last week and passed an antique store with a bunch of old rusted bikes out...
Back