Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Verrt

Rat Rod Blades Challenge 2021 - Voting Thread

Well done to all the finishers and thanks to everyone who participated in the Rat Rod Blades challenge! Was fun and interesting, and great to see all the skills and creativity of the RRB crowd executed in a new way. Thanks also to everyone who watched, gave support, and shared their experience...
  2. Verrt

PPE for bike building

Do you use any "Personal Protective Equipment" for bike building? Aprons, gloves, overalls, dust masks, etc. I don't really use anything except for eye protection when appropriate, and old clothes designated as ok to get grease and other stuff over. I've toyed with the idea of getting an...
  3. Verrt

How to get started with ebike build?

Just picked up the wheelset and front and hub motors from the Uber Jump rideshare bikes they're scrapping. You can get em here if you're also interested https://jag35.com/collections/electric-mobility/products/26-bafang-36v-dc-electric-bike-wheel-tire-w-tektro-disk-break It's a bafang 250w 36v...
  4. Verrt

$12K Diamondback

Ad server for RRB thought I might be interested in this. https://www.diamondback.com/road-bikes/triathlon-bikes/andean3-d42
  5. Verrt

Rat Rod Blades Challenge 2021 - Build thread

Welcome to the Rad Rod Blades 2021 Challenge! Feb 1 - April 30 The goal of the challenge is to make a completed functional knife where there were only parts before, or if you're beginning with a complete knife, then it should be re-made, refurbished, or customized to the point where there is a...
  6. Verrt

Top 5 dream motorbikes

Dream bikes, top 5 only. This was actually kinda tough, a lot of good bikes didn't make the cut. I surprised myself when no HDs made the list, and no EVs. 1. Triumph Scrambler 2006 - 2016 I've wanted one of these since they first came out. The perfect bike, looks great, you can cruise on it...
  7. Verrt

Looking for a how to thread

I seem to remember seeing someone making a custom banana seat pan out of plywood, but can't find the thread now. Anyone remember this, and can link me the thread? Maybe it wasn't a banana seat, but in my memory it looks kinda like the ichi bike skateboard seats. These are cool too. I just...
  8. Verrt

Shims

I need to shim up from 22.2 to 24.5. I know there's pre made shims, but what are some common tricks for this size? This isn't for the stem, it's for attaching a switch made for 1" motorbike bars.
  9. Verrt

AU$16,000 Bianchi Bargain?

NOS 1985 Bianchi Centenario AU$16,000 More pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/di_facinelli/albums/72157717488053163?fbclid=IwAR2PMOLbO80gU8ZFseIQ0BORsd_lVIN-9c2LQioEKrLA5gZOdciZ5EG7_tE
  10. Verrt

Knife buildoff challenge discussion

In: @OddJob @ifitsfreeitsforme @Swampthing @hamppea @SSG @Oak Tree @Short Stuff @barnbikes @GuitarlCarl @Captain Awesome @Falstaff @us56456712 @Verrt ================================= Not a bike build challenge, but I was inspired by @OddJob's model kit bash, and I feel it's kinda on theme...
  11. Verrt

Show me your... knife draw

What's your kitchen knife collection look like? I only have four nice knives, the set of three Globals were a first year anniversary present from Mrs. Verrtinski, they're awsome, still great, despite a lifetime of abuse and very little sharpening. The Mundial chef's knife is good too, but I...
  12. Verrt

Splinter removal

I got a splinter on the end of my index finger so deep that I can't even see it. Can't figure out how to get the little dastard out. Let's hear your home remedies for splinter removal. And to keep it on topic, here's a picture of a bicycle from Google images
  13. Verrt

You know you have a problem with bicycles when...

You're in your kitchen and think... That would make a nice shifter Hmm, headlight housing? I dunno what I could use this for, but it seems like it should go on a bike :39: What regular items have you got around your house that you always think you could turn into bicycle parts?
  14. Verrt

Bicycles with motorcycle headlights

Doing some research for my own build. Post pics of your bikes that have motorcycle headlights on them. Extra info like what size headlight, fork spacing, battery, wiring challenges, battery life, how bright, etc. would be grand.
  15. Verrt

What pic on google images first sucked you in to RRB?

For me it was this one. I can't remember who built it or find the thread. But at the time the only 'custom' bikes I was vaguely aware of was low riders and maybe muscle bikes from old tv shows, but I didn't even know they had a name. I was looking into putting apes on my mountain bike because...
  16. Verrt

Improving the Aldi bike stand

I got this stand from Aldi about four years ago, and I've seen that others here have them too. It's pretty good considering that I paid beans for it, but not without its quirks. Recently the clamp that holds the main arm and controls rotating the bike forward or back (relative to the bike...
  17. Verrt

"Modular" tire.

Um... wut? Ok, discuss.
  18. Verrt

BMX build off inspiration pics. Post yours too.

BMX from the 80s & 90s owned by my cousins. Fist two pics taken back in the day, last one taken this year of a survivor.
  19. Verrt

Wood frame bicycle

This is cool. Never seen one before. Found it on the bike wall. 1896 apparently. Someone on RRB should buy it and build it out so I can watch :bigsmile: Listing here https://www.ebay.com/itm/174422671918
  20. Verrt

PayPal Cash?

Has anyone set up a PayPal Cash account? What's the deal with it? Only found out because now PayPal wants my SSN before it hands over my money.
Back