Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. panelman

Felt, trailer, little girls bike.

Hitting the ground running now that I'm back to playing with bikes. This Felt popped up on my local Craigslist. It needed tubes and a cleaning. The tire are in good shape but the whitewalls are a bit yellow. The three speed shifts perfectly. This should be a good tow vehicle for the kids...
  2. panelman

I'm back

Hi all, It's been a couple years since I was active or lurking around here. 3 or so I think. Since then my wife and I have had 2 kids and moved. I am finally finding the time to lurk again and since our youngest will be 1 soon I am working on a trailer puller. Look forward to seeing what's new...
  3. panelman

Ruff Streamliner

I got this as my first non-vintage build. I really like the lines of the frame and think I can do some very different things with it. I have a set of the 3g 57mm wheels to go on it. I haven't decided between the triple trees and a more custom fork. I plan to build up a set of custom fenders for...
  4. panelman

Rough Ride for Stock Isn't (BO8).

Went riding a couple weeks ago and have just had time to start assessing and repair the damage done. I was wearing pants and caught the leg on the edge of the guard pulling it out into the cranks path. Which promptly bent the length of it out at a 90 degree angle. I had used 3M panel bond to...
  5. panelman

Ella - 41 Elgin

Well Last year I Built Stock Isn't, a 41 Elgin. This Year I am going to build a Ladies' version. I had some other Ideas for BONINE but only time for one build. I have a few bikes I rotate riding and My wife really only has one she enjoys to ride at the moment. She really likes The Miss America...
  6. panelman

Chainguard ID help, Mercury?

Just picked this up it looked similar to the guard that belongs on my long tank Mercury. Is this correct? If not what does it belong on?Thanks for your help! Here is the bike as it sits now. I have a correct set of wheels and drive components waiting to go on. Will need to find a set of...
  7. panelman

Spare Change

Had this girls Higgins frame around for awhile and decided to scrap it for the seat post/bb. But while I was to the scrap pile here at the shop I had an idea an here it is. More pics to come, unfortunately I didn't take very many of the process as I only spent about 3-4 hours total on it an most...
  8. panelman

Pair of Columbias and a Firestone Cruiser

Made a Trip to Orlando and Oviedo today, about 2 hours each way. The trip started out for just the Firestone, but yesterday I remembered having talked to a guy in october about 30 minutes from where I was to pick it up about a pair of Columbias. I called him back and he still had them, so I set...
  9. panelman

Left Side Drive

I have seen some people running chains on either side of the rear wheel. I want to put the entire driveline on the left side. Has anyone done this and how did you do it? Any Ideas are welcomed, even if they are to tell me I'm losing it. Thanks
  10. panelman

Heavy Metal

Well, Im going for a little different take on Muscle bikes. Im using a tank bike, other than that it will be pretty conventional Muscle bike. I have some ideas Im not sure are going to work like the huge sprocket, and my steering apparatus. Without further adieu here are the first pics.
  11. panelman

Build off 9 part.... Miss America guard

Saw this on eBay last week it came in today. Just a sneak peak into my plans for next years build off. Obviously it won't look anything like this by the end I have lots of cutting and mods for it but the idea is there. It's pretty pitted and has a few small and one large dent.
  12. panelman

My First Car... Well kinda

So thought I would share this with everybody, I know some of us have other hobbies. Mine has been Corvairs since I was born into it. When I was 3 my dad bought this car for me while looking for a pedal car with my grandmother. It is a 1963 McDonald's promo car made of wood. He repainted it, the...
  13. panelman

All in a days driving.

Got up at 330 this morning and hit the road at 430. Made the drive over to Jacksonville to meet up with Wildcat. Where I loaded the truck full of parts. There is a sachs 3 speed,sears 3 speed, and a bendix kickback. A number of wheels, a few loose hubs I haven't inventoried yet. About 20...
  14. panelman

1901 REAR Steer tandem.

Well on the heels of the build off, I decided to pull the tandem out of the shed rafters and get started on it. Before last night I hadn't done anything to it since I picked it up last October and it may take until next October to complete. This build will not be like Stock Isn't was but more...
  15. panelman

Stock Isn't - 40/41 Elgin

Well it was a Long journey, It has been very fun and while the work was hard it was relaxing at the same time. Even when things went wrong it was fun. Well heres what was done: Started as just a custom paint in mind. Ended with removing the braces and putting them inside the fenders. Welding...
  16. panelman

Anybody cut and thread forks near St. Pete?

I need the steer tube cut and rethreaded on my BO bike. Wondering if anyone around me has the tools to do so. I would rather pay someone from here to do it. Thanks in Advance
  17. panelman

Stock Isn't- FINISHED Heritagevillage/downtown pics

This is my first build off. Going with Stock Isn't because well it Isn't good enough or cool enough, and definitely not fun enough. I have lots of little changes I plan to make but still giving it a classic look. We will see how it all comes out. Looking forward to lots of fun!! Here is what I...
  18. panelman

Waiting for Build Off 8

I Started to collect the parts for this build a while back but it never got past collecting. Now Im trying to hold off Starting for the build off. :D Still have more to find, and the plan got changed up a little after seeing a couple very simliar to my idea after I picked up the main parts but...
  19. panelman

Tandem, Anyone know what it is??

So I won this on ebay saturday and picked it up on my way home from reserve duty on sunday. Its pretty beefy not sure what is original on it or for it but just thought it was cool and seemed like the price was right. If anyone knows anything about what it is or what should or shouldnt be on it I...
  20. panelman

55 Roadmaster

Im Just getting around to posting this thing up but, I bought this to build as a christmas present, and so far I have been able to keep it quiet .At this point I have stripped everything repaired the rust holes in both sides of the tank, primed/blocked, And this morning added 2 coats of antique...
Back