Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. old_skool

Trek OCLV 9800 mtb

I suppose it would - as long as the bottom bracket is the threaded Euro size BB (not American)
  2. old_skool

Trek OCLV 9800 mtb

You could use a Blackspire Stinger bottom bracket mounted tensioner/chain guide to single speed that frame...
  3. old_skool

they always put the seat posts too low. Its too hard to ride

That would be new school BMX guys... slammed seats (all the way down) and tilted up towards the handlebars They do that to move the seat out of the way as much as possible for doing bike tricks. They usually don't sit on the seat when riding... they pedal standing up.
  4. old_skool

Kona Humu Humu under construction

They're aluminum XLC HB-C01 in silver (you can get them in black, too). Sort of a On-One Mary knock-off I got them for about $16 shipped from here http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARY-STYLE-MOUN ... _592wt_932 Here's the black ones http://www.ebay.com/itm/CIty-Hybrid-Roa ... _632wt_932 They look...
  5. old_skool

A Small Find for the BMX Crowd

NICE 8) Wish a set of those would pop up around here...
  6. old_skool

Kona Humu Humu under construction

Great looking bike! I'll bet it rides like dream. I have similar bars on the '37 Hawthorne Zep I've been working on... 8)
  7. old_skool

Wal-Mart has a new 29er beach cruiser

Here's the grey / charcoal colored version
  8. old_skool

My local Walmart has one of these in a flat grey color with white rims - looks pretty good. No price tag on it. Steel cantilever frame, painted steel wheels.
  9. old_skool

UPSIZED BMX 26 & 29 inch. OPINIONS?

If you're over 6 ft. tall, definitely go ride some large frame 29ers at the bike store if you can. I think you'll find them to be more comfortable and stable. 26" BMX bikes tend to have pretty small frames, so I think a 29" BMX like the Big Ripper or 29" Quadangle would fit you a lot better.
  10. old_skool

UPSIZED BMX 26 & 29 inch. OPINIONS?

SE Bikes makes very nice retro styled BMX bikes - those 26" and 29" cruisers are no exception. The OM Flyer 26" is legendary and has been in production since 1979. Great bike. If you're tall you might like their 29" bikes though - folks love those Big Rippers and 29" Quads
  11. old_skool

NEW FAIRDALE OLD STYLED 26" BMX

retro!
  12. old_skool

I dig those tan wall tires - very retro! That's a great deal for the money...
  13. old_skool

Single Speed Mtn. Bike

Depending on how old your MTB is, there are a couple of ways to convert it to single speed. If it has a five or six speed rear cog assembly, it is likely a threaded freewheel type and can be replaced with a single speed freewheel cog (like what is on BMX bikes). If it is seven speed or more...
  14. old_skool

BMX bikes.Lets see'em!!!

Just picked up this 2005 Redline MX-24 cruiser yesterday - a local Craigslist find... $80 8) Chromoly, all original, in pretty good shape, should clean up real nice - couldn't pass it up! :mrgreen: only thing I've found wrong with it so far is the seat rails are bent (heavy rider?)
  15. old_skool

Old Colson

Cool old camel back! 8)
  16. old_skool

38 Colson Turned 70's SS Cruiser

Really great looking cruiser! 8)
  17. old_skool

VOTE HERE! - TRADITIONAL

Voting was really hard... so many awesome bikes this year - in the end I chose three that appealed to me personally. Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez got my vote - it's just so ratty and reminds me of the four wheel rat rods. Classic! Southern Flyer - simple and elegant, excellent...
  18. old_skool

1981 huffy 26 inch super thunder bmx

Others would know better than me, but I think the fist 26" BMX cruisers built by BMX racing companies appeared in late 1978 and early 1979 (SE Racing OM Flyer, Powerlite three bars, Gary Littlejohn, Champion, Laguna, Cook Bros., Bassett, S & S, etc.) I suppose it could be argued that the OM...
Back