Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. O

Trike building question

No, not burning man. :P I've been there twice, and it's fun as heck. This one's called Wasteland Weekend, and it takes place in the Mojave desert. The tickets are cheaper, it's closer to where I'm located, and the vibe is very similar to the kind of unity you get out at BM, so I've really...
  2. O

Trike building question

I'll figure out a way to make it work. :P Don't worry, I'll have a build thread posted up when I start, and a couple pictures of the finished project at the event.
  3. O

Trike building question

I would love to use car wheels, what with the whole Mad Max aesthetic of the event. If I could afford getting the axle, I'd use it. Right now I'm trying to keep it as cheap as possible. I'm between jobs so my budget consists of whatever money I don't spend on ramen. :P
  4. O

Trike building question

I'm gonna check that out right now, I think that's my best bet.
  5. O

Trike building question

I want to use bigger wheels, 29" preferably if I can find them. That way I can sink the seat lower than the rear axle. I'll take one of my wheels apart and see how it works, the allthread might be my best bet right now.
  6. O

Trike building question

Weight's not an issue, money is. :P I'd love to use an actual trailer axle, but there's no way I could afford it right now.
  7. O

Trike building question

I'm basically going for this, without the negative camber on the rear wheels. It's for a post-apocalyptic event that I go to.
  8. O

Trike building question

I'm going to be using a drift trike front wheel and fork so it freewheels. I don't think the allthread will be a problem, but what about the existing axles in the wheels I'm going to use? Can I just take them out and replace them with the allthread?
  9. O

Trike building question

I really need to just get the stuff and learn. :P I was thinking of using car spare tires, but I have no clue how I'd attach them. I figured bike wheels would be easier.
  10. O

Trike building question

Gotcha. I've got an old worksman trike in the back with an axle and pillow blocks that I could use. The only thing is the hubs that are on it right now are shot. That, and I don't know how to lace up a wheel. XD
  11. O

Trike building question

Hey guys, I was planning on building an adult-sized tricycle, pedals on the front wheel and all, and I want to use 26" cruiser wheels for the two in the back. What I'm trying to figure out is how to attach them to a rear axle without using cut up forks as supports. Any ideas?
  12. O

any clubs in Anaheim, cal.?

Nice! The patches look good. One of the rides we could do is the Rat Rod meetups every second saturday of the month. Go out there, rep the club, hang out with awesome people... I was also thinking at some point to do a ride in LA. We could meet at the Norwalk metro station and take the...
  13. O

Imgur is pretty easy to use. Also, the regular meetups will probably be in the evening. If we organize big, multi-club rides, they'll probably be during the day.
  14. O

Exactly. I need to get our rides together, which shouldn't take too long.
  15. O

Oh yeah. When the club gets officially started I'll start up a thread on here to recruit. I mean, if anyone needs bikes, my backyard is literally a freaking graveyard of parts. I could probably piece together at least a dozen bikes with what I already have.
  16. O

Well, I'm sure we'll be able to get a good amount of people into it.
  17. O

Sweet man, thanks. :D Do you know anybody else who'd be down? There's not much of a bike club scene around here, so I'd like to put something big together.
  18. O

I was thinking black background with green lettering and symbol.
  19. O

I was going to find a place to get them custom , but making them ourselves would be cheaper for sure. The design is going to say "Rustin' Bones" across the top rocker, a crossed bone and wrench for the logo, and "So Cal" underneath. And, of course, whatever other patches and stuff you want to...
  20. O

My girly and I are, the other guy's in whittier. It's not really a problem for all of us to get together, though, we're all pretty close.
Back