Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. milbums

Newsboy special

Not really a build, more of a light rehab. I picked this up this Newsboy from Double Nickle, I really like the colors from the age. Didn't want to mess with it much so I cleaned and sprayed with a satin polyurethane. I will be knocking the rust and cleaning the chrome parts. More...
  2. milbums

christmas build

Picked up this Worksman from Fidel Rambo a few months ago. My Son in Law needed a commuter so I started putting this together. Bobbed an old Huffy fender I had laying around. Went with an antique brass metallic paint with black darts. Better pic of the color Painted a three speed hub I...
  3. milbums

Not a bike, but.....

Bike repair stand, Park PCS-1. I picked this up on local craigslist. Like new, half the price of a new stand and a tool tray to boot. This is my first stand and after a couple of hours, I wonder how I ever got by without one.
  4. milbums

54 CWC

Summer is over,recovered from all the BBQ's, family visiting, birthdays. Time to build another bike. I sold my Huffman and now need something for our monthly "Bike Party" ride. I picked up this CWC frame and Behive springer from Terry66. I am going with satin black and almond accents...
  5. milbums

****The Better Half****

I wasnt planning on participating in the buildoff but my wife wanted me to build her a bike. The timing fell in line with the build off so I gave it a shot. I started with this 48 Columbia built Higgins. Here it is finished.
  6. milbums

Shiny Side Up Photos

Here are a couple of photos from the show.
  7. milbums

****The Better Half**** Finished

This is my first build off and my third build since i got back into bikes. The wife asked me to build her a bike hence the name. I had this 48 Columbia built Higgins I picked up in a package deal. I have no idea where I am headed with this but the wife wants it to be "pretty". Out of the blue...
  8. milbums

Remove anodizing

I wanted to remove the anodizing on the linkage of my Girvin fork. A quick search here said use oven cleaner. Looked through the wife's cleaning cabinet and no oven cleaner. I did a google search and found Greased Lightning cleaner could be used, another trip to the wife's cleaning cabinet...
  9. milbums

Schwinn and a Higgins

Went to look at this schwinn Klunker with Worksman rims and front drum I found on Craigslist. Paint looks original, but I have never seen green on green so it probably was painted some time ago. Serial check says April, 56. Don't know what these forks came from but they appear really heavy...
  10. milbums

41 Hawthorne?

I have been looking at this but something doesn't look right. Reflectors on pedals, non-skip tooth ring... Any input as to the real age, were repops made for this bike? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hawthorne-Pre-w ... 416fc96158 I posted this earlier in the wrong forum, sorry for the double post.
  11. milbums

Westfield/Columbia

I picked this up off Craigslist. It's difficult to find anything reasonably priced here in California. I am not sure of the year, my guess would be mid fifties, someone here may have a better idea. Sticker on fender says 75th anniversary, but first year missing. Replaced missing...
  12. milbums

RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE-Worksman Wheels/Drum Brake

Picked up this Colson Evans frame from ASBoltnut. I wasn't sure what I was going to build, I knew I wanted some sort of gearing to make this a rider. Single speeds can be a little limiting. Then I found this Girvin fork and looks like I will be building a Klunker/Bomber/Cal/BMX Cruiser (not...
  13. milbums

$20 Girvin

Surprised myself finding this for $20 in the SF Bay Area. Needs some cleaning and polishing.
  14. milbums

Saw this on CL

I saw this on CL, The guard looks familiar but I am unable to identify it. Any ideas what this is and a possible year?
  15. milbums

First Project (Done)

I picked this 47 Huffman with a Yale badge from fuzzyktu here on the for sale section. Most of the work was done with tips from this site. I tore it down and stripped the frame. The fork had a slight bend and I straightened it using a hydraulic jack and wood blocks on my trailer hitch. I...
  16. milbums

Hello from Nor-Cal

I have been lurking for a few months, finaly registered earlier this month, bought a bike on here and never introduced myself. My name is Joel and I have been getting back into bikes after many years. I picked up a 80 Typhoon that was in pretty bad shape and started to fix it up and got hooked.
  17. milbums

Atom Drum Brake

Saw this on Craigslist for an Atom drum brake wheelset. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/3171597644.html, waiting on a reply but I am looking for some input on these. I have not really heard much about the Atom, (good or bad). I am mostly interested in the front as I am partial to coaster...
Back