Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. RollinLow

50's Schwinn Rat-Rod Boardtracker

Re: 50's Schwinn Rat-Rod Boardtracker Finally got the balls to tear down the motor and I was surprised for its age it had minimal wear. and a more detailed shot of how the kick start/ jack shaft is set up.
  2. RollinLow

Electra Deluxe with briggs flathead.

looking good only thing that makes me nervous is that kinked bend. that will and I mean will fail sooner or later. you would almost be better with a cut and welded joint there. at the very least I would plate it on both sides and then box it in so it is SUPER strong. I broke a bmx bike in the...
  3. RollinLow

Motor Question

I know for me when I started my build I was looking for something that looked correct. I didn't want to have to dress the motor up to make it look old I would rather take a old motor and "dress it up" on the inside to get the power level I wanted. In my eyes if its easy to do but doesn't look...
  4. RollinLow

Re: 50's Schwinn Rat-Rod Boardtracker Images are finally updating again...so here is the battery box with 90% of the wiring done. Here is my not so perfect wiring diagram As far as the kick start goes its a heavy duty bmxing free wheel taken apart and welded to a Hub and then put back...
  5. RollinLow

Re: 50's Schwinn Rat-Rod Boardtracker Late night update!!! Finally sourced all my components to start my electrical system. My 20 amp PM alternator will use a rectifier from a john deere 600 series tractor. It will run a 35watt sealed beam headlight and a duel filament taillight/brake light...
  6. RollinLow

Re: 50's Schwinn Rat-Rod Boardtracker Sorry work season leaves little time for hobbies! But these long days sure do help fund them! There will be updates soon. Website is almost finished. There will be a store with custom sprung and solid front forks as well as drop loops available. As well...
  7. RollinLow

Post your motor and non-motored Boardtrack bikes

I've been known to go a little over board lol
  8. RollinLow

Look a few posts back on here it's the 41 Schwinn
  9. RollinLow

How wide of a rim are you running? I have mine stretched over a 3 inch rim. They look like a motorcycle tire with no shoulder
  10. RollinLow

Re: 50's Schwinn Rat-Rod Boardtracker Gonna rat this out to a little speed machine !! 1975 Honda atc 90 4 speed with a high and low
  11. RollinLow

small tires big rims

viewtopic.php?t=65777 here's my build thread there is tons of photos
  12. RollinLow

small tires big rims

I have a three inch rim with a set of hookworms stretched across and they work great. Just make sure you get a big enough tube
  13. RollinLow

Loving the hookworms!!
  14. RollinLow

Briggs Panther

I think what he meant is the headlight is mounted on the part of the fork that is going to move with changes in road surface. Not only will it be hard on the bulb it will effect the light on the road in front of you. I did the same thing on my first bike i built. It has sence been changed lil
  15. RollinLow

SPITFIRE "Airborn, we kill for peace"

Re: SPITFIRE "Airborn, we kill for peace" Your taking about the Down tube rite stretch. the 90 with the long bend up to the head tube rite? If so... When I did mine I bent my 90 an used a harbor freight roll bender to do the long radius bend back.
  16. RollinLow

New guy from IL

Welcome I'm from Lockport not to far from Peru. And that canal path you ride comes rite past my house! Well a mile or so down the road
  17. RollinLow

Re: 50's Schwinn Rat-Rod Boardtracker It is a duel disk front hub with a king's sprocket top hat adapter on one side and a disc rotor on the other side.
  18. RollinLow

Briggs Panther

I'm always rite behind beau! But this is nice!!!
  19. RollinLow

THE WORK OF DAVID A. SMITH

Thank you for posting this. I have been looking for a good examples of this style for my shop logos. This is perfect!!
  20. RollinLow

Thanks it's about 85% done it will be there next year finished for sure
Back