Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. U

SOLD Sturmey Throttle Shifters - 5 Speed, Muscle Bike

For sale is a set of desirable late 60s / early 70s era metal throttle shifters for a 5-speed Raleigh lightweight or muscle bike. They work properly. They have some light surface rust spots but nothing too bad. Plastic handles are in pretty good shape. Side discs still have their logos. Comes...
  2. U

Withdrawn Dec 1950 Sturmey Archer AW Three Speed

For sale is a very clean 12 / 1950 Sturmey Archer AW hub. I bought this hub to build into a wheel awhile back, but ended up using a hub with an alloy shell instead. This hub has been cleaned and re-built - oil in the core, new grease in the outer bearings. 40 spoke holes. Old school threaded...
  3. U

SOLD Sturmey S5 Throttle Shifter - 3+2

Reduced to $125 shipped in the lower 48 states.
  4. U

SOLD Schwinn Tourist Bars - 1940s New World, Three Speeds, etc.

Here's a set of tourist bars from a 1940s Schwinn 3-speed bike. They're an unusual flatter variation of the Schwinn tourist bars - same shape as the New World bars but with less rise to them. Average chrome condition for age with some spots of lost plating. Has some small pits but no cracks or...
  5. U

SOLD Sturmey S5 Throttle Shifter - 3+2

For sale is a very nice condition Sturmey Archer 5-speed throttle shifter for the S5 hub (3+2 type). Good for a 1960s-70s Sprite or a muscle bike. Mounts to the stem. Missing mounting screw (not hard to find one or use a generic one). Excellent chrome and plastic. Full travel, crisp shifter...
  6. U

SOLD 1930s - 40s Deep Drop Racer Bars

$90 shipped in the lower 48 states.
  7. U

Withdrawn Sturmey Quadrant Shifters, Mushroom BMX Grip

(1) Stripe-face Sturmey Archer Quadrant shifter. Standard two-hole plus forward/high set up. Used and a bit worn, but functions. You'll need to supply your own mounting screw. $80 shipped in the lower 48 states. SOLD (2) Black/silver face Sturmey Archer Quadrant shifter. Three hole type...
  8. U

Withdrawn 1963 Raleigh Rod Brake Roadster

Winter bump - still available.
  9. U

Reduced to $95 shipped in the lower 48 states.
  10. U

For sale is a very nice set of deep drop chromed racing bars from the 1930s-40s period. Came off a late 1930s or very early 1940s bike that had a Major Taylor style racing stem on it. These bars are about 19 inches wide and have a deep, 7-8 inch drop. Have an old-style welded shim center piece...
  11. U

Withdrawn Torrington 8's with New Rubber

$70 shipped in the lower 48 states.
  12. U

S-6 hoops and fenders

Are those 26 inch S-6 rims or 27 inch? I can always use 26 inch S6 rims to build wheels. I don't have any more 27 inch bikes though. Thanks. Mike
  13. U

Lowered - $75 shipped in the lower 48 states.
  14. U

Here is a decent set of Torrington 8's with new #10 blocks. Recently fully disassembled, cleaned, and regreased. I took them on one test ride and they run pretty well. They're not quite clean enough looking to go with the project I wanted to use them on. But they have fresh rubber and will make...
  15. U

SOLD Black Schwinn Oval Grips

For sale are two pairs of black Schwinn oval grips. These are in fair condition and have quite a bit of wear. Grips have dings and some cracking. Imprints are still pretty good. The pair on the the left has a little more shine but a few more dings than the pair on the right. These would look...
  16. U

Thanks. I will add - the LEDs are the Reflectalite kit. The lamps are original, but the bulbs are LEDs, with a current limiter on the hub terminals. This allows you to use original lamps but LED bulbs. If the buyer wants me to swap back to original bulbs, I can do that. But it's sure nice having...
  17. U

Withdrawn Art Deco/Streamlined Wing Chain Guard

Withdrawn - got it to fit nicely on my 1942 Schwinn New World.
  18. U

SOLD Schwinn Approved Bottle Cap Men's Pedals

Reduced to $55 shipped.
  19. U

That's what I figured when I got it - someone in the armed services based in West Germany or West Berlin brought it back to the US. Admittedly that is my speculation - I have no proof. But the markings and equipment all seemed more like a bike Raleigh shipped to continental Europe than the US.
  20. U

The US-spec rod brake bikes were sent over through the early 1980s. I think Rick has it correct about 1982 being the last year. I can't recall seeing a 1983 or 84 US-spec rod brake DL-1 model. I have a US-spec 1978 rod brake roadster that is also fun to ride. This 1963 model has some different...
Back