Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Gonzo Adonis

70's Galaxy Flyer

Went to buy some seats, grips and other parts from a guy I know. Came home with this. He said he bought it band new and never used it much, added new tires. It has a small cut in it giant seat, and is missing one of the wheel bolt cover things. original paint
  2. Gonzo Adonis

A few more finds

not sure I like the hangers and the pedals. The seat was shot, I got one at the last swap meet. It had gold grips, I fixed that. I need a chain guard. I sold this about a year ago...got it back for the same price. I put a We the people tire on the back that I pulled off another bike. I paid 35...
  3. Gonzo Adonis

Some bikes I picked up latley

Some of them I put air in and a chain, some I have gone thru and added tires, chains, seats...
  4. Gonzo Adonis

What is this?

the date code on the rear drop out matches up to a 62 Schwinn, but the frame looks wrong. The guy I got it from painted it nice, and put a rebuilt/painted New Departure on it. All I had to do was swap the junk seat and put on black grips. C232761
  5. Gonzo Adonis

bent fork help

If you get around to pulling the forks and fender out of the garage let me know. Im just waiting until I find the parts to put her together. I thought I would have to wait until a swap meet.
  6. Gonzo Adonis

bent fork help

thanks. if i dont get the forks and fender for it at least i would have a cool rear rack.
  7. Gonzo Adonis

bent fork help

yeah thats the bike. Is it the pic or are the forks bent on that bike too?
  8. Gonzo Adonis

bent fork help

I have a Shelby Flyer with a bent fork. Its bent at the base. I dont think it can be bent back, and if it could be I dont think it would stay. They are blade type forks with a 7 1.25 head tube. They look like the type of fork that Schwinn used, but I think Schwinn used a shorter head tube. If I...
  9. Gonzo Adonis

Christmas CL find

Welcome. I have a non working tank light that would fit your Skyrider. Its blue, has all its guts, no bulbs or len covers. I have it on a WF Cosmic Flyer, I just didnt have the hart to paint it when I got it. If your looking for one let me know. I have no pics of it, but this is its old ebay...
  10. Gonzo Adonis

Firebolt / Newsboy Special Gallery

Just got mine. It was the most I paid for a bike so far, but I had to have it.
  11. Gonzo Adonis

2 finds. A Firebolt and a Huffman WF I think.

yeah, it was like when I was picking up my Spaceliner. Trying to act like it was just another bike. The guy must of thought I was special.
  12. Gonzo Adonis

2 finds. A Firebolt and a Huffman WF I think.

I found a Columbia Firebolt! The guy had it repainted and did a nice job with the chain guard. The rear wheel had some slip so I swapped it with another red band I had, it had new Bell tires. I put on some old Goodyears. The pedals were black with little red stripes, I had a set of black with...
  13. Gonzo Adonis

JC Higgins Bicycle stolen

Even if the guy who texted didnt take it, the fact that he texed that makes me want to take something from him.
  14. Gonzo Adonis

I can ony hope he dumps a bunch of cash into it, and it get stolen. If I ever see it it I will just take it back. Since I'm moving he will never find me. I may even leve a note thanking him for fixing it. I just hope he keeps it, if he sells it and I take it I'm no better than him. Since I never...
  15. Gonzo Adonis

Ok the thing has been chained out front since before I lived in this house. So yeah I could see someone thinking they had to save it. I've wanted to take it and bring it back to life for a long time. I live in my Step Moms old house and it was her bike. After ten years of tring to talk her into...
  16. Gonzo Adonis

1980 Schwinn Tornado

Just about got this thing the way I want it. This is what I brought home. I swapped the rear shimano wheel with a Bendix red band, found a Stingray banana seat. It had a big rip so I covered it with red and yellow duck tape. Had to get a longer seat tube. Added some ape hangers that looked like...
  17. Gonzo Adonis

2 bikes for coworkers

I always forget to take before I start in on them This was all there when I got it, the seat was down to the steel. The bracket that holds the rear fender was brike loose, so I got it braised, and cleaned the grease and grime, and regreased all the parts. Slapped on a seat, new old pedals...
  18. Gonzo Adonis

Western Flyer year year

It was all there when I got it, just needed cleaned up and the rear fender bracket need welded back on. Super dirty. Had no tank or rear rack. Chain guard may be after market, new departure rear hub. Number on the rear drop out is 5H888119. The forks have two prongs to help hold the fork in...
  19. Gonzo Adonis

Foremost...Murray Eliminator

Tires!
  20. Gonzo Adonis

Monark Silver King Cornet

I wanted a bike for ladies night, it needs a few things but here she is
Back