Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. CRASH

"After Midnight" - Huffy Rail resto-mod

I bought a used Union high flange front hub. The flanges are pressed into place. When I got it I realized that one of the flanges had broken loose. So I had my welder fix it up. No more pressed flanges. Then tonight I was checking the hub for measurements for spokes and… The bearing...
  2. CRASH

Frame is back from sand blasting.
  3. CRASH

Aug. ‘65 Schwinn Sting-Ray J33

Frame and guard back from sand blasting
  4. CRASH

@musclebikemadman Don't be blue. At least you have Pirate's Booty to munch away your depression.
  5. CRASH

@musclebikemadman
  6. CRASH

Sometimes I don’t do well at “before” pictures. These hubs were a mess. Luckily the parts were in good shape. They just needed a series of degrease and evaporust soaks, then a good polishing.
  7. CRASH

1971 Huffy Twin Stick Mag Wheel

I bought a rear 16” fender I found on EBay with no indents and only two brace holes. So traced a round edge on both sides to cut out the mount and the holes and give me the maximum fender I could get, cut it, shaped it, and smoothed it. And got a “street sweeper” for the front.
  8. CRASH

Give me a chance to polish it first before I decide. But I'll keep your very generous proposal in mind.
  9. CRASH

Rims came out decent considering they were pretty rusty. Before: After:
  10. CRASH

Bruce Crawford is a magician.
  11. CRASH

1971 Huffy Twin Stick Mag Wheel

Next hurdle: we were going to tack the forks together, but realized by using a rear wheel with 135mm spacing, it was splaying the fork blades out. The holes on the plates are designed for an 88mm front hub like this. So the answer is redesigning plates. Widening the distance between the holes...
  12. CRASH

Oxalic acid bath and degreasing done. Frame is off to get sand blasted.
  13. CRASH

If you don't ride faster you'll cross the finish line... After Midnight. I’ve been asked to whip out a show bike to compliment some show cars, and time is a bit of an issue because this bike has a date for a show or two. So, I’ve been conceptualizing this bike and starting to pull in parts...
  14. CRASH

The… needs a new name

Ok, I appreciate all the good names that have been suggested. This thread should be kept for prosperity. You are free to use any of the suggestions, save one: After Midnight. It's simple. It's "punny". It's non-offensive. It's not necessarily a theme, so I have some design ideas to...
  15. CRASH

My life lately

16. CRASH

The… needs a new name

I looked it up. I'm getting away from the Grim Reaper for the minister. What do you think Baphomet would do to him? :D
  17. CRASH

The… needs a new name

Yes, that came to mind from the Allman Brothers. Also "After Midnight", which I'm not a huge fan, but I thought the cheeky reference to drag racing had merit. Since it's going to have a fade paint job, "Fade To Black" also came to mind. Don't know if the minister will know the Metallica...
  18. CRASH

Yeah, what he said.
  19. CRASH

That stay isn't rivited, it was just a rusted on nut I couldn't break loose, so I gave it a soak. Since this pic I broke it loose, and soaked the stay. Yes there are indents specifically for the front springer. It's also held on by a bolt/nut that hangs down from a "swing" holder... best...
  20. CRASH

The… needs a new name

It's growing on me
Back