Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 1

I am looking for information about strength of vintage bikes

Wildcat.....that is one beautiful bike. The rear fender is perfect. I plant to re-purpose the rear fender that came on my bike. It has a high peak in the center and those pretty curved stays. I am going to shorten it to the length of yours. I love the bare metal look. I have seen a few...
  2. 1

This is all very informative and helpful. I hope to decrase the 235 number with lots of pedaling but right now it is what I am... :mrgreen: I had hoped to use the fork off of the Schwinn Corvette or Jaguar that I have. They are both set up for caliper brakes and I have a couple of sets of...
  3. 1

I totally agree about the Chinese bikes.....the junk yards are FULL of them around here. My 11 year old son is beginning to understand about "old school" quality. His grandparents bought him some gold plated fishing reel with about 42 roller bearings and blah, blah blah......(read...
  4. 1

I have seen that site.....It is so cool. I actually remember a little ink being given to the "fire road bombers" when I was a kid in BMX magazines. Even then I thought they were cool. Let me show my ignorance here. Can anyone post pictures of the differences between these two different types...
  5. 1

I am new here and really enjoying the forum. I have done a fair amount of searching and reading. The wealth of knowledge here is amazing. What I am very curious about is the strength of older frames and forks. I am working on my first vintage bike. It is a CWC built Western Flyer. I also...
  6. 1

Has anyone seen a frame like this??

Thank you RMS37.... It is great to know what it is. It is a little disappointing to hear that it is a delicate bike. Do you think it is not worth making a rider out of it? This is something I had never really considered. Is there a thread or a link to information about the strength of...
  7. 1

Thanks for all the comments. It must be rare if all of you folks don't know what it is. I talked to the seller last night and it should get shipped to me today or tomorrow. I am really excited about this one. I have searched the 'net for several hours looking at vintage bikes and I haven't...
  8. 1

It is a 26 inch tire. It looked a little like a 24 to me as well. The seller assured me it was a 26 though. I don't have it yet, but I will not be bummed out either way. If it turned out to be a 24 I could build it for my kid. I have some very nice 24 inch freewheel rims off a GT BMX...
  9. 1

I am a new member here. I am fixing up an old CWC for my personal ride (see my post in the Intro section). In looking for vintage parts for my bike, I stumbled on this one. I bought it off the internet and I have not got it yet. It is a 26 inch wheeled bike. They called it a...
  10. 1

New Member from Alabama

This is the Cleveland Welding bike I am fixing up for myself. It is marked Western Flyer on the head badge. I have it completely stripped down now and I am working at removing to multiple layers of paint. I absoulutely love the shape of these frames. The chain stays have such great lines. I...
  11. 1

New Member from Alabama

Hello to everyone. I have lurked here for some time and I really enjoy this forum. You all inspired me to try my hand at a bike build. I have bought a 1939 (I think) CWC made Western Flyer. I have torn the bike down completely and I am starting the refinsh now. My 11 year old son is helping...
Back