Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Custom-built Surly Pacer

Love seeing another Surly on the board!
  2. S

A Couple SSC Trikes from the Sunshine state!

I want that white one. I want to build one. suddenly a frame design I hated looks amazing with an extra wheel!
  3. S

is this not "Ratty" enough for RatRodBikes?

Oh... Shiney... I like shiney... and swept bars!
  4. S

I thought the drops looked great. but I have really, really wide shoulders. even at 46 cm wide they were too narrow for comfort.
  5. S

No, no worries. it was just some page that implied they were related. they actually weren't
  6. S

I hear what you're saying on the chrome. and once I have the funds I will be putting this saddle on it! Outside outfitters has them for 23 bucks. heck of a good price for the build quality of these saddles! Synthetic, and the tone is really close to my tires!
  7. S

I really want to thank everyone for the positive feedback, While it clearly doesn't have the craft or style of some of the more impressive builds on this site, I really did want to keep my daily driver in that hot rod aesthetic. Right now... I'm left wondering what I should do with it next, I'm...
  8. S

Giant West Coast Simple

One of my fellow mechanics has this blue Simple hanging in her garage, I so badly want to get my hands on it. strip the paint off it. paint it back up, and do a cafe racer build with it. tight, low and mean. this means that while I dig what you're doing. I have this fantasy in my head of...
  9. S

Some group that is very large implied they were associated with this site. though to be honest I found most of their members less than impressive. And thanks for the kind words guys! Right now I am off to see if I can get into my shop on a sunday (My shop is a non-profit inside a community...
  10. S

Cool cool, There is only so much one can do with a black, diamond frame. So I'm aware this thing doesn't win many unique points. but I own no car, and can only afford to own one bike. so the bike that has to get me all over the county has to also be my pretty bike. maybe someday I can sit down...
  11. S

Monark Street Racer ~~ CLUB-29 ~~ IT RIDES 5-22 ~~

Just read through 5 pages, had my fingers crossed it would be done by page 5... now I get to sit and anxiously wait to see the final results with everyone else! Drat! awesome color choices. I like not being able to guess exactly how your final build will look.
  12. S

Because it got deleted from the facebook group without explanation. in spite of the fact it is not a fixie or MTB. Mind you it's a work in progress, and will look much more handsome as time moves on. but I barely got the thing rolling. It has a rear rotor now, once I install the flat bars...
  13. S

26 inch BMX cruisers with discs?

I have found the Swobo Folsom. that is all. Anything better, or at least complete?
  14. S

High End Parts?

How does that make 135 into 124? I assume you mean in a road hub?
  15. S

High End Parts?

But I have the problem the other way. Felt has 124mm spacing in an aluminum frame!
  16. S

High End Parts?

All my hubs are 130-135mm So do I just go for road/BMX hubs then? I believe road hubs are 120mm. at least the last ones I worked on were. Road hubs on a cruiser seems.... Hmmm.
  17. S

High End Parts?

I'm still interested. because Felt Canvases do not have brake bosses. Why?
  18. S

High End Parts?

Oh good lord, those are BREATH taking! too bad there isn't a Rear hub for cruisers... and I can imagine what Rim would do that front hub justice... But I've bookmarked your facebook page, there may some day be other bikes I want your parts on!
  19. S

High End Parts?

that's closer! Do you have those bad boys posted in a thread? :D I may not intend to spend a grand on a wheel set. but I've got really fantastic hubs on my MTB and that Wheelset was only 189 dollars, mind you those good hubs are laced to less than impressive rims (Sun Ringle Disk Jockey's to...
  20. S

High End Parts?

So yeah, the Velosteel is a very reliable coaster brake, looks like a cheap piece of crap and only comes polished. and no one knows of high end rims. like at all. Does no one actually engineer or build things for cruisers?
Back