Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Varsity ATB

Nice save! That's how it's done! Many people just don't get it....
  2. S

Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

My other option for handlebars is this.
  3. S

Also a 72 that was a field find. Painted the frame and fork with XO Rust and Rustoleum paint and primer. This paint is STICKY as it's sprayed! Only the frame and fork are original. Kind of a mash up of modern and vintage parts. Might not stay with the bmx handlebars. I WLL stay with the...
  4. S

Here are two Suburbans I'm trying to restore. The first one is a 70 I've had since 1980. Only the frame, seat post, and seat clamp are original! Had all kinds of bright ideas when I was young! I call this one Original Schwinn because of all my bikes I had this one first!
  5. S

Schwinn Breeze 3 speed

Looked at your link after I posted my questions. Sorry it was after the fact! Just got it back together this weekend. Not sure it shifts properly.....adjusted cable and adjusted the hub as described here and the cable kept going slack....BTW This is NOT my bicycle. It belongs to my...
  6. S

Schwinn Breeze 3 speed

Still wondering if I need to disassemble the hub to change oil spout.......
  7. S

Schwinn Breeze 3 speed

Thank you again, folks! Yeah I changed a cable on a Murray 3 speed with a Shimano hub. This was my Sister's bike decades ago. Should've taken it when Dad got rid of it.....Never took the hub apart but oiled it a couple times a year. Other than that NO 3 speeds. This one had the N inside a...
  8. S

Schwinn Breeze 3 speed

The oil spout cap broke when I tried to open it. Everything else posted about cables and adjustment makes sense at this point. Thanks for the answers! Never worked on a 3 speed...bikes I have worked on were coaster brake or derailleur.
  9. S

Schwinn Breeze 3 speed

Local bike shop had a complete Sturmey Archer cable and an adjuster like the ones posted included. The spout just pops out or does the hub have to come apart?
  10. S

Schwinn Breeze 3 speed

Another problem: The oil spout cap broke when I attempted to open it. Judging from the dry condition of headset and bottom bracket bearings the rear hub should be addressed also.
  11. S

Schwinn Breeze 3 speed

Thank you! This helps a lot but maybe something is missing from the cable on the bike? Like one end goes in the adjuster and the other in the shifter? Looks like you need two cables unless I'm missing something.....
  12. S

Schwinn Breeze 3 speed

I'm cleaning up and making road ready a Schwinn Breeze 3 speed. Is the shift cable a special type or is there a junction for 2 cables? Looks like a barrel end goes in the adjuster as well as the shifter. Most of this cable is exposed which means the housing needs to be cut. Any advice?
  13. S

ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

Here's an updated picture of my '70 Schwinn Suburban. FINALLY found a correct rear fender on Ebay along with the front one for only $35.00 shipped! GREAT shape too!
  14. S

Powder Coat Question

I would just use that frame the way it is. Powder probably won't hide pitting like that. Don't think powder can be applied over Bondo due to the heat. If you're not after a smooth show bike use it as is.
  15. S

Varsity winter bike "V-Rat"

That bike's too nice to mess up with snow and slush! I'm tempted to build or fix something up for next winter.....That Huffy Mt bike I found last Fall needs tires anyway.....
  16. S

UCB Hub Project- Bendix Original Rebuild

What about greasing this whole thing? What did you guys use and how much? I used Finish Line Teflon based grease on last coaster brake I did. 1990's? Schwinn Falcon.
  17. S

new member, many bikes

Welcome and quite the collection of bikes!
  18. S

SoCal guy

Welcome and cool bike you have there! Like your '62 Impala too!
  19. S

Greeting Earthlings... from Las Vegas

Welcome and don't be a stranger! Too bad you felt the need to get rid of your vintage bike. Ebay and other internet sources seem to be the ticket for finding parts. The bike shop where I live has very little for vintage parts. About a month ago I asked the owner if they had a bottom pull...
  20. S

HI from new gal from Nor Cal

Welcome and feel free to post any bike pictures on here!
Back