Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Just Jarrod

The Smokestack Tandem (Monark)

A quick addition before our trick or treat ride.
  2. Just Jarrod

And thank you all for the kind words!
  3. Just Jarrod

jamesdart that's a bummer. Thanks anyway though! I'm going to have to get really creative I think to make a chain guard work. After all the rides I gave on Thursday to little munchkins that can't reach the pedals, it became very apparent that a guard is needed. Their little shoes kept hanging...
  4. Just Jarrod

Dr. Tankenstein yes thank you! I actually ordered two for this bike and didn't like the way they looked so I am returning them. They looked too big and took away from the flow of the bike.
  5. Just Jarrod

The maiden voyage was a blast! His feet don't reach the pedals though, so he still gets to kick back and let me do all the work! This picture was literally our first pedal, so he's got his feet up in the air. He eventually learned to set them on the frame and relax though. He was so stoked! He...
  6. Just Jarrod

Awesome! I got a measurement of 44"
  7. Just Jarrod

8. Just Jarrod

I pieced the tandem together after work today and on into the night. Really wrestled with the crank and chain configurations. The tensioner just kept derailing the chain and it rides better without it, so I'm leaving it off for now. It felt great to get this thing out on the street. There's...
  9. Just Jarrod

jamesdart would you part with that chain guard?
  10. Just Jarrod

Major progress this weekend! I spent all day Sunday putting this thing together. There were a few hang ups. Rear fender doesn't quite fit, so it's touching the frame. Not a big deal to me, and probably something I will replace in the future, but I'm just going with it now. The fork went on...
  11. Just Jarrod

12. Just Jarrod

Thanks jamesdart! I found lots of images for Huffy as well. Searching for a chain guard for both had yielded zero results though.
  13. Just Jarrod

That's great info! Thanks!
  14. Just Jarrod

Thanks us56456712! I believe you're right! I was inspecting the head badge and noticed it says "Azusa, CA" on the bottom. Hadn't noticed that before. I did a little research, and I came up with some similar info as you. I'm guessing mid 60's as well. Which doesn't put the bike as old as I had...
  15. Just Jarrod

With a freshly blasted frame, I was anxious to get crackin' on the paint. So I spent some time prepping and priming yesterday. And I got a little too anxious on the primer coats and had to redo about a half dozen crackle spots: I sprayed a few coats of gloss white as well. Should hopefully...
  16. Just Jarrod

And this: I'm curious to find out exactly what year this was made.
  17. Just Jarrod

I had it sandblasted today. I was stoked to spot this: as I inspected it. Now to explore my options of painting this thing some variation of white.
  18. Just Jarrod

Elgin Undead Custom Fat-Rat

Very nice! A and E compete the least with the background IMO.
  19. Just Jarrod

Has been Schwinn Twin

Nice! I'm also working on a tandem (Monark). I had the same issue with the fork! It moaned and heated up. I ended up taking the sawzall to it.
Back