Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Spinnergurl

Total noob with her first restoration project....

Thanks for all the great input. Feel free to pile on with the advice...you guys are the experts, I'm just here to be a sponge. 8)
  2. Spinnergurl

It looks like someone painted the seatpost...ugh. Silver paint or something. Not sure how hard it will be to replace that post, or if I should just try to take the paint off.
  3. Spinnergurl

Starting to think that, too. Went out looking at other bikes of this era, and this one is in far better shape than most. A little rust on the metal but the paint is pretty decent. Might try just polishing and see how it goes. I think there are little cosmetic fixes I can make that will make...
  4. Spinnergurl

The bike is actually in pretty good shape; I'm almost tempted to not repaint it.
  5. Spinnergurl

Thanks, all. I need to peruse the rest of the boards for guidance on the rest of the project.
  6. Spinnergurl

I promise not to inundate you guys/gals with questions, so I'm going to do a lot of my own research on how to restore a pretty decent shape 1959 Roadmaster Jet Pilot girls bike. Most of the fixes are costmetic; the bike rides pretty well. Just some rust to remove and some chrome touch-up...
Back