Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Pilot592

Green Goodyear Grasshopper Slicks

I almost didn't buy them. But I've got a Murray Eliminator that needed a slick, so I guess It worked out in the end. :D
  2. Pilot592

Wow, I wasnt´t expecting them to go for that much. Thanks for the info. I guess they´re going on my next project, any suggestions?
  3. Pilot592

Hey Guys, on a recent road trip, I came upon a pair of Goodyear Grasshopper Slicks. I bought them on blind faith seeing as how they were being sold next to newer tires that looked like knockoffs. I looked online for a while but didn't find any info on them. Are they old? Are they real? Any help...
  4. Pilot592

Trades or Sales You Regret

What would you guys say is a decent price for the Pilot in its condition. Its cleaned up now, but the fenders are still very crispy. Original tubes still hold pressure, and I cleaned/re-greased the gear. I might sell it to the guy for the part-out price, but I think he's going to keep it in one...
  5. Pilot592

This is the bike. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=57152
  6. Pilot592

Are Pilots rare? I'm looking around and it seems that the ones made in the 40's are hard to find. '
  7. Pilot592

I recently got an offer for my rat rod Firestone Pilot and I'm considering it. But I'm worried that I might regret it in the future. Its the first complete bike I have found and I appreciate its value. But the offer is really tempting. Have any of you sold or traded a bicycle and regretted it...
  8. Pilot592

WHAT IF . . . Captain America Bicycle

That's a great looking bike. I'm considering new tires but I don't know yet.
  9. Pilot592

I can't upload some photos right now, but the bike is more of an orange than a red. So the theme might be hard to decipher. But the shield might do it.
  10. Pilot592

Hey guys, I just finished cleaning up a Firestone Pilot that I bought and I'm pretty happy with it. But I have the urge to do more with it. At first, I thought about maybe making it more of a rat than it already is. But after watching the Captain America movie and getting a motivational speech...
  11. Pilot592

Firestone Pilot

The owner of the Monark I painted told me that she didn't know what brand it was because her father had bought it in the 60's at a farmer's auction. I think the bike was painted back then and the patina on it was on the new paint, not the original. My mistake was taking it and painting it with...
  12. Pilot592

Firestone Pilot

I had a similar situation happen to me. I think stingrays are always being over priced. There are some that are worth it, but most of the time its people selling their childhood stingrays that have more sentimental value than monetary value.
  13. Pilot592

Firestone Pilot

They tried to sell me a $30 zenith radio for $90 because a similar one was on ebay in the buy it now ads. I'm sure that if they had looked it up on ebay, they would have asked for more than $100. They have a building store so they throw out numbers and wait for people to buy it (and they do). I...
  14. Pilot592

Firestone Pilot

That's so great to hear! I was excited when I saw the bike because I had passed on other bikes before but this was the first time I was looking at a bike with knowledge of what it was. I couldn't get the cash out of my wallet fast enough.
  15. Pilot592

Firestone Pilot

I thought the crank might be worth something as well.
  16. Pilot592

Firestone Pilot

Hey guys, first time posting but I've been going to this site for a while. I recently bought a Firestone Pilot and love it but after looking around in the Fresh Finds, I think I might have over paid. I was at the flea market and in a corner sat the Pilot and a 70's Girls Schwinn. The flea market...
Back