Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. heretic13

Heretic starts new bike

Got a little more work done.
  2. heretic13

The Racing Pedigree

Hey, your getting there. A few good rules: 2 bad welds on top of each other don't = 1 good weld. so if your not happy with it grind it off and do it over. ( I've been...
  3. heretic13

Heretic starts new bike

The forks, are 5/8th on the front tubes and 3/4 for the back. sides are 3/8th aluminum with 1/2inch bronze bushings pressed in. All 4 axles I turned on the lath starting with 5/8 solid stock stepping down to 1/2 for the bushing then to 3/8 and tapped for fine thread for the castle nuts witch...
  4. heretic13

Heretic starts new bike

I think I made the right spark-plug. just need to adjust the gap.
  5. heretic13

Heretic starts new bike

OK so not the best shots. and still quite a bit to do but she's getting there.
  6. heretic13

Heretic starts new bike

So here are some shots of the new front end. and some plans I found as well.
  7. heretic13

Heretic starts new bike

You may be the first kid to ever call me "G" . I think I had a kid call me "dude" once be for I set 'em straight. I'm 43 years old and most people know me as shop foreman. That being said you give good advice. That letter you wrote. out frick'n standing. And we got some high school'ers on here...
  8. heretic13

Heretic starts new bike

Well I was going to try the trailer spring then someone recommend a snowmobile spring, living in Vt I made a few calls and I think I can pick one up for about twenty bucks. In the mean time I made a new intake and working out a few carb issues. Next on the list are wheels. Found some holy...
  9. heretic13

Heretic starts new bike

The chain ring on the rear hub is the only part I worry about , its about a 1/4 inch wide. But I would feel better if it was solid and not a clover. The chain is all there,Its a one inch pitch and stronger then the standard 1/2 inch pitch bike chain. I miked the rollers and side plates and its...
  10. heretic13

Heretic starts new bike

Here is a better shot of the frame with the jack shaft and rear hub.
  11. heretic13

Heretic starts new bike

thanks i'll try that. in the mean time here some pic's i load the old way. frame i started with. in progess. made new drop outs. motor mount, stainless steel. worked on the seat. mocked things up.still have plenty to do. i always have way more ideas then time.
  12. heretic13

Heretic starts new bike

Just a little up date . The frame is almost done. And most of the part mocked up.my computer is down so photos are still stuck in my phone . Does know if there's a way to send them straight to here?
  13. heretic13

Hog Boys Boardtracker (Ex-Villiers)

Not sure if you could go from the motor straight to the back wheel, even if you used a 3inch on the motor and 24inch hoop on the wheel that only gives you 8to 1 which is not quite there 11 or 12 to one is a little better. As for me I'm still working out drive train issues my self, but it looks...
  14. heretic13

Heretic starts new bike

The clutch came off an old DR mower, and the chain I have is a 1inch pitch Skip tooth off an old hand drill made about the same time as the early bikes. And I think the chain ring was made in 1910 for a tandem.
  15. heretic13

Heretic starts new bike

Machined an adapter plate out of a 20t coaster brake sprocket to mount the 30t skiptooth chainring to the back hub. and allso made new pillow blocks for the jackshaft bearings to be welded to the motor mount so the main stress won't be on the frame. pic's coming soon.
  16. heretic13

Heretic starts new bike

Worked on the spacing for the jackshaft today, I welded a bottom bracket bearing cup to the end for the free wheel to thread onto I didn't realize they were the same size and thread pitch untill just a few weeks ago.so now I have the clutch on the motor side, a skip tooth sprocket lined up with...
  17. heretic13

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

Re: POST PHOTOS HERE FOR THE GALLERY PAGE 54 HAWTHORNE boardtracker/gasbike
  18. heretic13

54 HAWTHORNE with new light

You know it just crossed my mind, put my bike back on the stand with my volt meter on it I could convert the volt reading to watts and then to hp. and use it as a dyno to see how mods. to the bike effect hp. at the wheel. This could come in handy after all.
  19. heretic13

54 HAWTHORNE with new light

http://youtu.be/b3NjXjyAImM That's my homemade gasbike on a homemade trackstand/gen. lighting up a headlight for a locomotive.....mostly cuz it was cool.
  20. heretic13

Homemade springer fronts?

Are you using a threadless head tube? you could allso mount risers on the triple tree for the handle bars. I'm working on a leaf spring for a new build and here is a pic the last one I made for my Hawthorne.
Back