Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. sharmangasaurusrex

1932? CCM Doublebar (pic heavy)

I was at an auction the other day and this bike came up for sale. The frame is pretty crusty, and all the images I could find of this style of bike had truss rods (which mine doesn't). I was surprised to find that everything moves and spins freely despite the crud and rust that is pretty...
  2. sharmangasaurusrex

MT The Fox BMX

This looks to be a 1984 Ming Tien bike with mismatching wheels but I'm not too sure if it's collectible or not. In this area, getting a old school bmx of any brand, in any condition, for $120 is a good deal, but I thought I'd throw it out to the BMX guys to school me on a potential purchase...
  3. sharmangasaurusrex

Gear Beast

Not really a "find" but I purchased this off Amazon.ca because my wife ordered some stuff and needed to add some more to qualify for the free shipping. Now I can attach my cellphone to my bicycle handlebars when I ride....next step is to get a bluetooth speaker that will also affix to my handlebars.
  4. sharmangasaurusrex

Autumnic Dog

With only 5 votes looks like photo #3 wins over photo #1 by a score of 3-2. Thanks for the input from all of you.
  5. sharmangasaurusrex

Autumnic Dog

Her's the link to the build thread http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/autumnic-dog.92153/ Happy to have finished on time and so fortunate that I had a beautiful day yesterday to go for a ride and get some pics. I hope you enjoy Autumnic Dog as much as I do.
  6. sharmangasaurusrex

MTC BMX

Has anyone ever heard of this maker, and/or know if this bike would be worth my while as I like the frame style and was thinking of giving the seller a call to look at it? http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/bik/5119739223.html
  7. sharmangasaurusrex

Autumnic Dog

I missed last years BO9 and wished I hadn't as I had so much fun in BO8, so I am in again this year. Though I have only built musclebike-rats in the past, it really isn't practical for a 6'1", 265lb man to be pedalling around on a 20" bike (think a bear on a unicycle), so I have been...
  8. sharmangasaurusrex

Cheese grater chain guard

Just picked this up from fellow RRB member marius.suiram. Going to use it on my next build (possibly BOTEN)
  9. sharmangasaurusrex

Unknown Sprocket

Picked this up off flea-bay and don't know what it's from. I'm not sure if it was for a 20", 24", or 26" but it has 44 teeth and I think it's got a cool look to it, so I'm going to use it on my next build.
  10. sharmangasaurusrex

Flying Ace and springer fork

Been a little bit since I posted my last find, but I figured I'd post these last 2. First one is courtesy of RRB member Bri-in-RI. It's a Firestone Flying Ace (Colson made I think) The second one I picked up locally off a guy (Wayne) that I met at a swap in Vancouver As you can see...
  11. sharmangasaurusrex

Drag Queen finished pics.

So with working a tonne, and being a new dad, I wasn't sure that I'd be able to finish my build off bike, and although I didn't get to do everything I wanted to with my build, I have finished it enough to feel proud to post it along side all the awesome bikes that my fellow RRB members have...
  12. sharmangasaurusrex

Dad's fresh finds

My dad works at a landfill where we live and often brings home bikes to fix up and give to neighbourhood kids or others that are looking for some free transportation. He has to sign a form that says he won't sell anything though as the gov't doesn't like people making $$$ off of their trash...
  13. sharmangasaurusrex

Drag Queen

First off, I'd like to say how much I enjoyed watching last year's build off, and was sad that I was part way through my build when I discovered RRB, so could not enter that build, and didn't have ideas/parts to finish another. Those awesome builds really inspired me to take part this year, and...
  14. sharmangasaurusrex

Gooseneck stem stuck in forks

So I am getting my bike ready for RRBO8, and decided to at least strip my build bike down to the frame and realized the forks and stem were stuck. The whole headset was frozen solid, but after soaking the whole thing in PB Blaster for a week, I finally got the headset to loosen and turn all the...
  15. sharmangasaurusrex

20 inch Raleigh Tracker

Just picked this one up when a friend who knows that I like banana/muscle bikes gave me a call. Not really in my wheel house, but I think I found my forks for RRBO8, and I think the funky frame could make for a cool BMX style build.
  16. sharmangasaurusrex

Hiawatha Drag Duster

I found this rusty gem on the Seattle CL, and was surprised to find that it was actually located in Montana. I wasn't about to drive 20hrs round trip to get it, and was happy to hear that he would ship it. The frame has had an awful spray can paint job done to it, the seat is toasted (and off a...
  17. sharmangasaurusrex

Any Ideas?

Can anyone tell me what kind of frame this is, and is it worth the asking price? http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rch/b ... 38718.html Thanks in advance for any info -Shannon
  18. sharmangasaurusrex

'84 Skyline bmx

Does anyone know what a 1984 Skyline looptail chrome bmx frame, forks, and crankset are worth? Found one on my local CL and am thinking about picking it up, but am unsure of the value. Any insight is appreciated.
  19. sharmangasaurusrex

Road King banana bike

Got home from bartending late last night (actually 6am lol) and did a little CL browsing and came across this little late 70's? banana bike. From what I can tell it is an Eaton's store brand bicycle, but couldn't find out much more. In my neighbourhood when a musclebike is listed they are always...
  20. sharmangasaurusrex

Hi from a newby

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm sharmangasaurusrex from Vancouver, Canada. I am currently building a franken-musclebike that started with a Sears Rail frame and is pretty close to being completed. It has a Sears Screamer rat-trap front forks, NOS 5-speed shifter, 16x1.75 front wheel...
Back