Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. RatRodDad

Easy way to help RRB

I'm guessing you would have to change your Ebay ID at that point - if you bid even as a joke and then didn't follow through. And of course that also means the seller would have to pay some crazy fee to Ebay on the sale - $100,000 or something. :roll: All pretty funny, though.
  2. RatRodDad

Easy way to help RRB

Wow, the bidding on that mask was insane. Who in their right mind would pay that kind of money for a latex mask! I think you could pay an artist to create you a similar one - one of a kind - for a lot less than that. :D The crazy thing is if you look at the bidding history it went from...
  3. RatRodDad

Easy way to help RRB

I think you have seen some of the notes saying one way you can help support the Rat Rod Bikes site without it costing you anything is to use the Ebay links from the RRB site to browse for items or buy things on Ebay. Not just bikes either - but anything you search for or eventually buy on the...
  4. RatRodDad

Tribute to our friends

Very cool. I especially liked using the wire from a tossed power supply for the wiring on the taillight. Recycling at it's best ! :D I also enjoyed seeing the "dog tag" type necklace with the matching peace symbol on it in one of the pictures. I expect to see peace symbols replace those...
  5. RatRodDad

Tribute to our friends

Zoso, that's pretty much what I suggested. The second light would not really be another light - but just a remote power source and switch for the original light. I just thought it might be easier to make it up from another light than to come up with a different type of power source and...
  6. RatRodDad

Tribute to our friends

Here's a thought. Get a second Lampy or something similar - and mount it on the frame somewhere - maybe on the seat tube down under the seat. Take the bulb out of that one and in it's place, solder some wires to the bulb connections. Then run those wires under the fender to the original Lampy...
  7. RatRodDad

ELGIN ESTATE SALE FIND - PARTING IT OUT

Re: ELGIN ESTATE SALE FIND - STRPPED DOWN Needless to say, I didn't stick around to find out. I think I headed out of the downtown area and went back to the hotel if I remember correctly. The only good thing is that even if they would have said "It was an old orange car that honked its horn...
  8. RatRodDad

ELGIN ESTATE SALE FIND - PARTING IT OUT

Re: ELGIN ESTATE SALE FIND - STRPPED DOWN The horn looks like a 30's / 40's ooogah horn. They used to use one similar to that on cars - and mount then below the floor board where you pushed the button down with your foot to make the noise. That should clear out the sidewalk in front of you...
  9. RatRodDad

Tribute to our friends

Great job on the build so far. It's great to check back each day and see what progress has been made. I can't wait to see you sitting on the finished bike! I do have a question, though. How to you turn Lampy on? :?: Do you just reach up under the fender and push the button? Or did you...
  10. RatRodDad

HIS & HERS 2009 TREK 7200s

You might be able to swivel those handlebars forward to get the grips a bit more forward. That would mean turning the shifter and brake handles around some on the handlebars to line them back up, but a little distance may make enough of a difference in the feel. Can you adjust the seat any...
  11. RatRodDad

$10 Memory Machine

I got one like that from my neighbor. His son bought it new and rode it when he was young. Once he got older and stopped riding it, his dad put it up in their attic. He saw that I was always working on bikes, so he pulled it down one day - along with 3 others he had up there - and gave them...
  12. RatRodDad

PROJECT P.U.B.

Uncle Stretch ran across those back when - and thought about building something similar but never did it. I think the PUB stood for Public Utility Bike. I guess they envisioned hoards of meter readers riding those suckers around the neighborhoods to save gasoline and go green. :D Obviously...
  13. RatRodDad

Maybe one more

It looks like this one needs to go in the new forum classification that Rat Rod added. This one will definately be "built from scratch". If this one looks good and rides good - and you paint it blue - I might even beat you out of it! :D
  14. RatRodDad

One of three almost finished, time is ticking...

Well, I don't watch the forum much, but I do jump on and check things out from time to time - mainly to see what new bike Rat Rod bought this week and is cleaning up!! When I'm on I check out the build section - again, usually to see what Uncle Stretch is up to now and what new concoction he's...
  15. RatRodDad

Finished ZIG ZAG

Looks like lots of builders came up with unique setback seat setups, but I have to say yours is the best looking. :D The twin bars on the back give the frame a totally different look. Nice job on the build.
  16. RatRodDad

Black Coffee with Cream - Bike #69!

The bike turned out nice and the white tires on the black frame look good. The pouch should come in handy for carrying that spare change for ice cream. :D
  17. RatRodDad

Sweet Liberty

Nice job on the build. I love the chainguard. I also really like the frame with the dual lower bars. Great looking bike.
  18. RatRodDad

★★★ THE BATTLECRUISER ★★★

It turned out nice. Hopefully it rides as well as it looks. I'm assuming those things on the back at "wheelie pullers". Step back on them and pull the front end up - hopefully not too far, though. If you pull it too far you end up with a Funniest Home Video - as you land butt first on the...
  19. RatRodDad

monarch find

Kind of interesting how they mounted the basket on the front arms of the springer. Maybe they liked to watch it go up and down as they ran over bumps. Nice find, though. I actually like the baby blue on it. Just needs some white scollops or pinstriping or something. Oh, and maybe some...
  20. RatRodDad

My neighbor's finds - Schwinn and 2 German bikes

Re: My neighbor's finds Thanks, Skoda. My neighbor will be watching the post so he should see your reply. Any of you German members know anything about the two old German made bikes? It would be interesting to hear about them if anyone knows anything. Thanks.
Back