Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

suggestions on my trailer build

I finished it this morning. This is the final touch. A polished aluminum bracket I fabbed and solid maple stringers for my luggage rack. In the next picture you can see the logo for my side business and one of the reasons I built this trailer.
  2. R

The "uprights" I built are steel bolted to 1/2" thick by 3" wide 6061 Aluminum bar stock, I also built side plates and gussets out of the same material to make the uprights very rigid. The wheels are an off the shelf part from a runners baby stroller. They are quick release (push the black...
  3. R

No, Nobody in their right mind would pay the kind of money this type of build costs. I probably have 40 hours in it. I am sure if I just went at it hard and built a few of them at the same time I could cut the time down but materials cost a pretty penny. Nice of you to call it first class...
  4. R

primer then paint. time for color fabbed a nice little push bar out of aluminum tube. I want it to look like a handlebar. I welded and ground the ends to make it look solid but it is actually thin wall tube so it is very light. couple finish shots here.
  5. R

Getting pretty close to having a roller now Need to start figuring out the hitch. Mock it up on the tow bike Forgot to take any pictures of the hitch, I will post up a detail on it if any one is interested in it. so here it is for its first tow, works great. time to get it finished...
  6. R

Really starting to get there now. the basic shape is visible. now the actual chassis work 1/2" thick by 3" wide bar stock will be the "frame" that will hold the uprights. Now one of the hard parts. the wheel wells or tubs. Using what I cut out of the sides as the inner wall I just needed to...
  7. R

So I will post up a build thread here. This build is mostly .125" sheet aluminum. It is all anodized so I have to grind off all anodizing anywhere I want to weld it. That stuff is dang hard to get off but with enough perseverance I was successful so first pics are the forward wall and the the...
  8. R

Building a trailer to end all trailers. Aluminum construction, (all tig welded) need some stuff. I will be using 20" wheels and want to use a natural rubber (cream/off white) balloon tires. Any leads?
  9. R

Show us them cars!

If anyone is interested about my 1965 GMC. Had it for a long long time. It is a very rare model that GMC built as a promotional exercise and was available as a special order for 1 year only. Purist cringe that I took something so rare and made a hot rod out of it...I don't care :D I built...
  10. R

Show us them cars!

11. R

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

Re: POST PHOTOS HERE FOR THE GALLERY PAGE My Felt Canvas, graphics are actual 18Kt gold leaf. note custom aluminum cable tabs epoxied in place
  12. R

Haulers, what do you haul your bike in?

We love to haul our bikes to fun places to ride, problem is they don't exactly fit in a traditional bike rack so we just toss them into our old hot rod. Besides it is cooler then hanging them on the car right? my freshly built Felt Canvas
  13. R

running a thick brick 3 x 24 in a Abraham linkage fork

I understand the Monark 2 is almost 15mm wider then the Abraham. Also does the 2" rim help or hurt me here?
  14. R

running a thick brick 3 x 24 in a Abraham linkage fork

Can it be done? What about the Monark 2? I just built a Felt Canvas and have the 2" x 24" rims and the thick Bricks
Back