Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

Bendix Shifter Cable

Looks as if a contemporary shift or brake cable could be used to fasion a shift cable for a Bendix 2 speed hub. The hard part would be to attached a cable stop or a small swage at the hub end of the cable, any thought on that ?
  2. B

kill-billet

texasbigjon, great bike! I believe I have the same one in my garage, at least the tank is the same , even the same paint scheme and faded just the same. Frame looks the same , mine is branded as a Hiawatha, Indian headbadge. Have recently tore it apart to rebuild for my wife. I,m not real...
  3. B

An old stingray story

Couldn't believe it when I purchased an Apple Crate off an iron plie at an auction for $25 about 10 years ago. The original paint was good, cleaned the chrome up with steel wool and bought a new seat at the local Schwinn dealer for $40.
  4. B

Newbie Build Questions

Staring to built a bike for my wife, its a 50s vintage Hiawatha in pretty good shape with straight fenders, rack and a good tank. Crank arm appears to be shot as there was a jury rigged pedal that stripped out all the treads on the crank (and worked a pretty good divot into the chainstay). So...
  5. B

Hello from Minnesota

Been lurking since finding this site a couple of weeks ago. I'm truly amazed at all the creativety and cool builds exhibitated on this great site. My almost daily ride is a 51 Schwinn with a springer and a 2 speed kick back, looks ratty and hope to keep it that way. Have a few old bikes hanging...
Back