Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. H

First build: "Church Rat"

Church Rat? You'd better pray to not burn in heck for cutting on the fenders and frame! :wink:
  2. H

My rusty rat rod cruiser

I bought it this way. If you buy industrial linseed oil, not for eating, it is normally cooked and has some additions to make it dry better.
  3. H

Cobrafreak's board track racer project, has ended

Your bike is just AWESOME! I love the patina and "imperfection" in the details. It has so much character and tells the passion you build it with. Great!
  4. H

My rusty rat rod cruiser

Thanks man, can't hear it often enough :) ...I checked your website, there is some AWESOME builds! I really like the "rat deco".
  5. H

Cheers from Berlin, Germany

You are absolutely right with the rags! ...I always put them into water after I used them, so they don't start burning. and great you like my photos! and the bike.
  6. H

Hi Basti, the frame is just awesome! Got it from you more than a year ago and enjoy riding it since then :D
  7. H

Post your motor and non-motored Boardtrack bikes

Awesome gallery!!! Here my boardtracker:
  8. H

Hi to South Carolina, cool you like my bike! All rust on the bike is real and conserved wit cooked linseed oil. That works pretty well!
  9. H

:D You don't have to convert...I cant tell you the exact weight. But yes, it is heavy! I did not care so much about weight, it is quite flat where I live...and once the baby is on speed she is unstoppable ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
  10. H

My rusty rat rod cruiser

Great you like my build! I coated the rusty surface only with cooked linseed oil. After a while the oil hardens completely and protects the surface. This method is also used to keep the patina of oldtimers, old machines, fences, weapons... in 18th and 19th century it was the basis of any paint...
  11. H

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

Re: POST PHOTOS HERE FOR THE GALLERY PAGE
  12. H

My rusty rat rod cruiser

Thank you guys for the nice comments. I just can say that I was inspired by the Rat Rod forum a lot!
  13. H

My rusty rat rod cruiser

Here my Rat Rod Cruiser, "boardtracker" frame, rust conserved wit linseed oil, a fork from a 50s motorbike, wheels and fenders from an old swedish military Kronan.
  14. H

Hi! I was reading a lot in this forum, enjoying all the amazing builds, tipps and tricks...and I love to see American Vintage Bikes, so different from what we have in Europe. But also I love to see how people all over the world have the same passion for building cruisers, rat bikes, custom bikes...
Back