Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Aluyasha

Gotta Vent

I run into stuff like this all the time around here. About a week ago I called a guy about a Raleigh, we agreed on $45 for it. He kept blowing me off so I finally got a hold of him yesterday and he told me someone else offered him $50 so if I could go up in my price (that we already said deal on...
  2. Aluyasha

Fall Photos.

That house is in a part of Spokane called Brownes Addition. Some of their houses are from 1890-1910. Most are equally large and awesome. :0
  3. Aluyasha

Fall Photos.

The bike is in great condition, the 3 speed cable needs some messing with but other than that all original and all near perfect condition. Even has original treads and tubes. Guy I bought it from found it in an abandoned house. :)
  4. Aluyasha

Let's see your Western Flyer's

My Raleigh built Western Flyer: Supposed to be red but is very faded out.
  5. Aluyasha

English Western Flyer?

I picked up the bike a few hours ago, here is the link to my fresh finds thread. :) viewtopic.php?f=16&t=64847
  6. Aluyasha

Raleigh made Western Flyer.

Just picked this up today. Saw it on CL with one distant photo. I was drawn to it because it appeared to be orange or coppertone, I had never seen an orange brit. When I arrived however I discovered it is actually a ridiculously faded red bicycle. Oh well. lol Here are some photos, hub says made...
  7. Aluyasha

Show us your Vintage Raleighs!

1970 Raleigh Sports:
  8. Aluyasha

Why Do People Lie???

People lie on my CL all the time. At first I thought maybe they were not lying and just knew nothing, but some things there is no way they did not know about. For example I have a 1970 Raleigh Sports that a guy called me about to sell to me (he kept my number after I bought I bike from him...
  9. Aluyasha

Fall Photos.

My mom and I went for a bike ride around her neighborhood and I got some photos of my Raleigh in the leaves. My 1970 Raleigh Sports: And here is a photo of my mom's 1961 J.C.Higgins: Tomorrow I am planning to take my 64 Phillips out for a ride to get some outdoor shots of it. Plus I am...
  10. Aluyasha

English Western Flyer?

I figured, Raleigh had so many different bicycles afterall. I think what is attracting me is that it is orange. I do not really ever see orange brits. :)
  11. Aluyasha

English Western Flyer?

Anyone have infomation about Western Flyer bicycles made in England? I ran across a CL ad of a Western Flyer with british looks. Considering buying it. Here is the link: http://spokane.craigslist.org/bik/3365008771.html
  12. Aluyasha

US...

Here is Me (bald chick in green) going on the monthly vintage bike ride with my sister (standing next to me) and my husband (guy making weird face): I noticed alot of people on this thread showing off their tattoos. I guess that will be my next picture...if it gets warm enough in October to...
  13. Aluyasha

Street skinny cruiser thread!

I hope so. My next step is to give it a Sturmey Acher 3 speed setup and new pedals. Unfortunatly the tire size is not working out and needs replaced. Still need some more ideas. :wink:
  14. Aluyasha

Cantilever Phillips?

Unfortunatly I cannot remove the larger ring, it is the main part, the add on is the smaller ring behind it. I can set the chain on the smaller ring though. :)
  15. Aluyasha

Street skinny cruiser thread!

Still working on it but here is what it is right now. :)
  16. Aluyasha

Cantilever Phillips?

Here is what it looks like right now. Still a work in progress obviously. :)
  17. Aluyasha

Cantilever Phillips?

I was thinking of doing that. There is a guy I know that has a women's green Raleigh Sports for $30. Just have to convince someone to drive me (he lives about 1 hour 45 mins away). :)
  18. Aluyasha

Cantilever Phillips?

The brake pads do reach the rims. The tires are not a problem on the bike. My only issue is the rear hub, I need to switch it out for a 3 speed or something as simple. I was just wondering if it was possible to switch the hub and still keep the rims and treads.
  19. Aluyasha

Cantilever Phillips?

I am planning on converting it back into a 3 speed or at least a 1 speed. My only issue is that the bike came with tires larger than normal, they are 26 x 1.90 Cheng Shin tires. I really would like to keep them, can I put a 3 speed hub on this tire?
  20. Aluyasha

Phillips Rat.

Came accross an ad on my local CL of a Phillips Cantilever frame rat. The frame is the only thing original about it. Perfect find for me though, I am a british bicycle kind of person and have been wanting a british rat that can fit in with the cruiser type bicycles around where I live. As a plus...
Back