Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

Crappy switch on Nirve vintage headlight

Thanks for the additional info.
  2. R

Socal_jack, Great upgrade on the Nirve. Just what I wa looking for. Thanks for sharing the how-to.
  3. R

Yes, it has the two LED bulbs. I wanted to go brighter, but the flashlight bulbs I have are too big to fit. I think they fit the holes in the standard bulb Nirve. Oh, well, I guess she'll live with this until I build her something else.
  4. R

Raggedjim, That sounds like the simplest idea. Thanks. I may try and substitute two 9-LED flashlight bulbs for the originals while I'm at it.
  5. R

Hi all, Just bought one of the Nirve 9v twin-LED vintage headlights for my wife's Electra cruiser for her B-day. The Hi-Lo selector switch on this thing is a piece of crap, which I knew from reading, but I at least expected it to work for a while. Looking at the way it's designed, no wonder it...
  6. R

Whittier Greenway Trail ride N Photo Opp!

Perfect. Nice bike and pics.
  7. R

Easy Conversion of Puch headlight to bright LED

Rooski, I don't know yet. I have about 45 minutes on the current battery, but I didn't want to burn up a battery just for the test. I am curious how fast a 6v lamp will draw down a 9v battery. Anyways, I'll always keep a spare in the tool pouch.
  8. R

Mountain Bikes to Cruisers - Questions

There are some really nice photos of mountain bike conversions being posted. Lots of great ideas. Might I suggest that when you post a photo of your conversion, that you add a bit of info about changes that you made to help all of us newcomers, like sizes/brands of new rims if any, tire...
  9. R

Saverio, If the flsshlight you took the bulb from runs on 3 AAA batteries, then I'm not sure what's going on unless you have the wiring wrong, or the batteries the wrong way in the holder. I'm no electrical wiz, I had to Google how to wire my switch. Maybe another rodder can help here. I went...
  10. R

Green P1, Awesome job. I think it looks great. I like the shifter on the frame instead of the handlebars, too.
  11. R

Spincycle, Thanks for the excellent information and suggestions and for taking the time to do so. I need to start researching what's available in ridid suspension corrected forks. Thanks for the two possibilities. You may also correct about the brake levers, although I haven't looked at them...
  12. R

Headlight and Tail Light Gallery - Post Pics Here

Not as cool as Sorcerer's lights, but here's mine. I stole the idea from Gamebent. My Puch light is a litle different than his, but I used the same bulb. Details are posted over on the "How To" forum.
  13. R

Here are some pics of the headlight mounted. I do need to make another bracket to place the light about 2" higher so it throws less light on the tire which creates a tire shadow about 3 feet out onto the road. The bracket is simply a "T" support for wood joints I had laying around that already...
  14. R

Love the creme bricks! The bike looks great.
  15. R

Good question, Crash. I can tell by looking that my two mountain bikes have different size headsets. I'll look forward to any enlightenment with you.
  16. R

After seeing Gamebent's LED conversion of a Puch moped headlight here (a little down the page): http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51150&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=45 I decided to give it a try. I thought I would post here as a DIY project instead of in the Gallery. I bought a...
  17. R

Cool, Eclipse. It will be fun. I just checked to make sure I had the Moab model right and I do. I think the Moab 1 was the tricked out model with the rear suspension. I did discover something when checking the specs. My rear cog is an 8-speed, I was thinking 7 on both bikes even though I have...
  18. R

Thought I would post a couple of pics of the future victims. The last two years we were in Flagstaff, we had already changed out the tires to a hybrid style (Geax Evolution), but both will be changed out to balloons or bricks depending on what will fit. We had also added the rear rack on my...
  19. R

Dr. T, That's a great conversion and almost exactly what I'm thinking. Both bikes will be going from suspension forks to what I thought would be rigid tubular. I hadn't thought about a springer, but it's certainly on the table now. I have some learning to do on fitting a proper replacement...
  20. R

Great help on the chain ring teeth width, thanks. I don't know if I would have caught that. You're the second to refer to Sheldon Brown's site, so I'll take it he must be one of the gurus. Thanks again! I love this forum.
Back