Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Best Online Store For Parts?

I'm a fan of buying from the little man and locally but I dont have a bike shop locally at all that can get parts and such without lots of hassle. I was wondering if there was a site contributing company that sold parts(tires,tubes,chains,grips and etc) that people knew and trusted. I recently...
  2. J

Chain Bike Corp Thunderjet ?s

I bought a Thunderjet from a thrift store today that I just had to have for my wife. Its been sitting up for a good while for sure but my wife being pretty short its hard to find a 26" bike that she can actually ride comfortably. I've not seen any other Chain Bike brand bikes locally myself and...
  3. J

Making a 26"er easier for a short woman to ride

Kenny what brand of bike is it exactly? I've thought that may end up being the best route to go(buying a new one)
  4. J

Making a 26"er easier for a short woman to ride

My wife is a shortie being at a towering height of 5'2" and shes been riding a 26" ladies Monark Rocket but its almost to big for her. We've looked at possibly gettting her a 24"er of some sort but I know that it'll be harder for her to keep pace with me with her riding a smaller frame and tired...
  5. J

Keep original or repaint?

I bought a Monark Rocket for my wife to ride about month ago and shes been enjoying it but asked about redoing it and painting it different colors and a few things. I love the patina look the way it is but shes getting tired of it herself. I'm wondering if it would be a bad thing to redo this...
  6. J

Ballon Tire Help

I'm new to all the bicycle stuff but have had a ton of fun riding and tinkering on the two older bikes I bought. I have a early 60s Hawthorne mens 26" bike that currently has 26x1.75 tires on it and I'd like to put 26x2.125 cream ballon tires on it. It has the original tire/wheel currently and I...
  7. J

New Guy From Alabama

New guy from Alabama just getting into bikes. I've always liked them but never would buy any. I got a '61 mens Hawthorne and a '51 womans Rocket I bought off a guy for my wife and I to ride and just enjoy idling around and after riding mine for just a few minutes I was instantly hooked and...
Back