Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. OddJob

Anybody sniffing BO 19 in the air?

It's been a pretty nice Spring here in the BACK 40 so far. Our area of the North country didn't get much snow this winter, and the grass is greening up and the perenials are pushing up through the dirt. Speaking of blooming, any ideas popping up in anybody's mind for tbeir builds in the annual...
  2. OddJob

SOLD SOLD-Klunker build start up kit! Get your ORBO parts here!

I'm selling my Klunker build off bike from a few years ago, Desert Sky. Figured somebody might want this cool '40s Hiawatha frame, '70s motocross bars, rear disc brake mod, vintage Shimano rear der, 3 piece crank conversion BB, 26er new wheels with 6 spd rear FW, CST Rock Hawk gnarly tires...
  3. OddJob

9th Annual OddJob Awards - BO 18 Winners!

I hearby dub these builds in the Rat Rod Bikes Build Off 18 as the "Most RaT-isfying Rat Rods"! These bikes, which have a combination of custom parts, RaT-ina, and cReATive compilation; epitomize the rat rod bicycle in my own weird RaT-ionalizations. Whether scratch RaT, pack RaT, or...
  4. OddJob

Midriff-ter MTB

Midriff-ter MTB began as a Rocky Mountain Fusion frame from Colorado with a custom Bronco's paint scheme. Once it landed in the BACK40, it got RaT-ified with a kustom RaT-ina paint job, and the rest is history. A 4 stage process to bring it to fruition with inspiration from vintage patina...
  5. OddJob

Midriff-ter MTB...My home from May 1 - Aug 1...pg 15 !

Since the beginning, bicycle design has evolved in more ways than possibly any other mode of transportation. From the boneshaker to the high wheeler to the safety bicycle all the way up to today's electric-assist pedal bikes. Depending on who you ask, the 'mountain bike' production design...
  6. OddJob

Desert Sky klunker ride

Had a nice ride this morning in the desert. Exceptional amount of rain has the desert green and blooming in Mesa, AZ.
  7. OddJob

Desert Sky klunker

Had a nice ride this morning in the desert. Exceptional amount of rain has the desert green and blooming in Mesa, AZ.
  8. OddJob

Triple Threat Voting Results - All 3 Categories !

Congrats to all who participated in the first ever Triple Threat Build Off on RRB. Special mention to all who entered a Finished Build in the Voting booth(s) this year! Here are the final placings in each category. Muscle Bike Voting Results 1. The Super Fueler - CRASH 2. J.C. Piggins -...
  9. OddJob

Triple Threat Voting Polls are now OPEN!!

The voting for all 3 categories in the Triple Threat Build Off are now OPEN!! You can vote for as many builds as you like in each category, but once you hit the "CAST VOTE" button, you are all done in that category! You cannot go back later and change or add to your vote(s). Have fun, and...
  10. OddJob

Triple Threat Skinny Voting Poll

(Don't forget to also go cast your votes on the separate Muscle Bike and Off Road Voting Poll Threads!) Thanks to everyone that joined in on our first ever Triple Threat BO with three well represented categories of ratrodbikes! You've got until Monday, January 23, 9 pm Central Time to cast...
  11. OddJob

Triple Threat Muscle Bike Voting Poll

(Don't forget to also go cast your votes on the separate Off Road and Skinny Voting Poll Threads!) Thanks to everyone that joined in on our first ever Triple Threat BO with three well represented categories of ratrodbikes! You've got until Monday, January 23, 9 pm Central Time to cast your...
  12. OddJob

Triple Threat Off Road Voting Poll

(Don't forget to also go cast your votes on the separate Muscle Bike and Skinny Voting Poll Threads!) Thanks to everyone that joined in on our first ever Triple Threat BO with three well represented categories of ratrodbikes! You've got until Monday, January 23, 9 pm Central Time to cast your...
  13. OddJob

Triple Threat Winter Build Off ENDS JAN 15!!

At 12 noon Central North America time, the Trple Threat Build Off ends! You need to have a build thread in the Finished Builds thread that is the same as the category of your build. YOUR FIRST PHOTO at the top of your thread, will be the only photo used for the Voting Thread. After all 3...
  14. OddJob

50, Skinny, and Single

This build was in honor of my 50th anniversary of getting my first geared Schwinn Varsity in 1971. Some kids got a car for their 16th birthday along with their new driver's status. My dad hauled me to the local Schwinn shop, R & F Bike Shop, and I rode my new Varsity the 3.5 miles out to our...
  15. OddJob

50, Skinny, and Single

50 yr old, Schwinn Racer. Born in August of 1971. Seeks short, urban trips, rides around the lakes, runs to the convenience store, and short commutes to work. Looking for classy, but casual, riding. Comfortable in many settings. Breaking out after many years of being confined to...
  16. OddJob

The Triple Threat Winter Build-Off .... it's ON!

Welcome aboard a brand new take on a RatRodBikes Build-Off.... the Triple Threat! In this Build-Off (BO) you will have a chance to expand your horizons of the rat rod bike building world; build a Muscle Bike style bike, an Off-Road style be it BMX, Klunker, or MTB, or the new category 'Skinny...
  17. OddJob

RRB BO 17 Voting Thread is Now Open!!

Greetings from the Admin staff lounge here at RatRodBikes , The Finished Bike threads are now CLOSED and cannot be commented on by anyone. The regular Build Threads are still open for comments, kudos, discussion. The process of setting up the Voting Thread takes time. We have our staff...
  18. OddJob

Silver King Unchained: BELT DRIVE

Silver King Unchained aka SKU is complete! This is a 1936 Wards Hawthorne Silver King frame, hot rodded with a Trek belt drive system and Sugino track cranks in a 3 piece conversion bottom bracket. The rollers are a Felt wheelset sporting a 24 x 3 Thick Brick in the rear and a 26 x 2.125 Thick...
  19. OddJob

Finished Build thread is up and running!

The Finished Builds category is up and running. Start a new thread for your build in the appropriate Class 1 or 2 using the name of your bike build only, then add photos, highlights of the build, a link to your build thread, etc. Remember, your first photo at the top of your Finished Build...
  20. OddJob

Pedal Carriage

"I'm, going to chapel and I'm, gonna get married...on a bicycle built for two" ~ Medley of two classic tunes from the '60s. The Dixie Cups made the first one famous, and the inimitable Nat King Cole had a hit with the second one. Our neighbor girl is getting married on June 24, and her mom...
Back