Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. richnprayer

"DEVIANT" link to finished build on page one :-)

Re: "DEVIANT" A step thru goes a step beyond... Wow.... That flip is amazing. love the curvy lines. And that headlamp off the new bottom bracket is killer. I've just picked up from the dump another girls Schwinn world sport with similar curves. I just finished a flip about a month ago. Nice...
  2. richnprayer

***Sin*der*ella***

Brothers and sisters in arms, tires, tubes, grease, wrenches, busted knucklehead engines........... Just wanted to throw this out there as well. I just started building bikes and posting this year. I was first drawn by the amazing skill and talent of so many people on this site. The...
  3. richnprayer

Gary Fisher Procaliber LTD convert to Cyclocross

Fresh Paint :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Waiting for these to show up :?
  4. richnprayer

Murray Monterey

I have been finishing up a few other projects. I'm still thinking about some new possibilities for this build. I found this pic for inspiration you might find it inspiring too. Have fun building!
  5. richnprayer

Thanks! I am having fun with the mock up on the xcross. I was trying to think of what to do with the BMX frame too. I love that idea of a muscle bike, better than trying to just sell the frame.
  6. richnprayer

I made a purchase off Craigslist for $60 bucks which included a a box of parts and four frames: 1. Diamond Back BMX 2. Trek road bike steel 3. Gary Fisher Procaliber LTD 4. Marin I am mocking up the Trek for my wife so she can compete in a triathlon. The Gary Fisher frame is going...
  7. richnprayer

Schwinn Woodland flip "King of the Road" (((Finished))

Re: Schwinn Woodland "King of the Road" ((Finished)) Made the last few changes on the beast. Now with a new set of black fenders I road it campus and gave it away as a graduation gift to one of my students. Now I can spend some time on my Murray for the Build off #7.
  8. richnprayer

Re: Schwinn Woodland flip "King of the Road" Just finished shaping and cutting down the 20" fender down to a custom front and rear for this Frankenstein :mrgreen: . I like chrome, but these have to be black. Looks like a few more days of prep. 1. Sand with 40grit 2. prime with...
  9. richnprayer

Re: Schwinn Woodland flip "King of the Road" Got some work done on the new leather grips and added a touch of red to the frame to break up all that green. After that I rode to the bike shop and Fred from Fastwheels hooked me up with a 20" fender that I'll be able to cut up to fit this 26"...
  10. richnprayer

Re: Schwinn Woodland flip "King of the Road" Got some new pics taken today. I still need to stitch the new leather grips for the final photo shoot. That's all for now folks! :lol:
  11. richnprayer

Re: Schwinn Woodland flip (King of the Road) My dad who passed away last July had this saying' "Balls, said the Queen! I'd be King if I had too/two!" It's the first thing I thought of when I came up with the name. Here are some bad pictures I took, it was late at night. I'll take more in the...
  12. richnprayer

Murray Monterey

I am now getting close to a name and what I would like the build to look like. First step was to fix up some bars. Center piece gone :o Cut down the ends :wink: and a quick mock up. I'll need to get the angles right but I can smell it :mrgreen:
  13. richnprayer

Ross EuroRat

I dig the chain and gear around the headset! 8) Cool bike! :D You cooking up something else for the RRBB :?:
  14. richnprayer

SOUL CATCHER (final stretch!!!!!)

Re: SOUL CATCHER Love what you've done with the Murray Trans-formation! I'm still dying for an idea on my 84 Murray. RIP
  15. richnprayer

Murray Monterey

Yeah, this is an 84. I'm in the hunt for wheels and a coast hub for the build. Once I start taking the bike apart and cleaning up the chrome I'll get a better feel for the style and look I want to go. It will be fun watching the different takes on the same frame. Good luck on your builds! :D
  16. richnprayer

Murray Monterey

Well here goes my first RRBB. I am excited about the challenge. I really don't have any idea to start with other than the frame. I am still working on another build Schwinn Woodland which is 90% done. Not too much of the golden rust. Love the rear drops crank should polish up, but the...
  17. richnprayer

Re: Schwinn Woodland flip (first build) Thanks for the kind words. This is my first attempt at making a rat rod and I couldn't be more pleased with the direction and progress of the bike. I have a pile of bikes and parts beginning to pile in the garage. I'm sure by the looks of so many bike...
  18. richnprayer

Re: Schwinn Woodland flip (first build) It's a little late at night to start wet sanding the frame. Here are a few details I'm working on. I really don't like the pedals, but I'm trying to keep the cost down. The plastic is horrible, but the rounded ends are even worse. Here is my solution...
  19. richnprayer

Re: Schwinn Woodland flip (first build) I had some time to kill tonight. My wife likes when I have projects that I can do in the house and not in the garage. So I recovered the seat and added the leather grip to the twist shifter. Works like a dream and now the next step is to stich up the...
  20. richnprayer

Re: Schwinn Woodland flip (first build) What a great day! I got the forks and frame painted today. Now I need to be patient and wait for a few days to let the paint set and harden. I don't know if I should clear coat the frame to match the forks or not. I was thinking of wet sanding the...
Back