Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. wheelhorseman

3 speed hub question

I was able to wedge a bolt in the bracket to hold it in first gear making to easy to pedal which makes it an easier sell if somebody test rides to buy. The in between 2nd was to tricky to get. Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
  2. wheelhorseman

Selling to overweight buyers

That porto trike 20 inch has the exact same wheels a 20 inch kids bike has. Dont think a kids bike will hold up with a 400 plus pound person on it. You see my concern. Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
  3. wheelhorseman

If she test rode it she could have easily destroyed it leaving me with a crumpled up piece of junk and no sale tho. Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
  4. wheelhorseman

Yesterday I sold a worksman porto trike weight capicity 215 lbs. The lady stepped outa her van was about 5 ft tall AT LEAST 350 lbs. maybe more.Enormous. Scared to death she would test ride crushing a rim. Luckily she never sat on it and bought it. How do you handle that situation? Cant say no...
  5. wheelhorseman

3 speed hub question

I picked up an old Worksman trike with a 3 speed coaster brake hub. Theres no cable on it and harder to pedal so I assume without a cable its automatically in 3rd gear. Is there a way to manually shift into second gear and lock there? Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
  6. wheelhorseman

Anybody shop thru Walmart.com?

We just discovered Wallys online shopping. The wife ordered her coffee and was shipped to store free. Looks like they ship most items including groceries to your home free if a minimum order is met. Question How do they ship refridgerated items to you like chicken etc.? Looks like you can...
  7. wheelhorseman

D.T.A.

Dont trust anybody. I get so sick of this kinda stuff and peoples "word". Guy posts a Trailmate tryke on CL for 100. Needs tlc like dryrotted tires but pretty d3cent shape. After a couple of days I call on Thursday night. Guy seems nice and we agree for me to pickup Sat morn @10:30. I rest easy...
  8. wheelhorseman

Think my Worksman is bad luck.

I am not talking about the fw being screwed on tight. They couldnt budge the adaptor which just slides on the axle and secured with a key and setscrew. Those usually slide right off with almost no effort. Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
  9. wheelhorseman

Think my Worksman is bad luck.

After buying my used porto tryke 2 weeks ago this has happened. First "longer ride" the brakes dont hold so I hit a ditch slightly bending the rear axle on right side. Rideable but wheel was alittle out of line. Cant remove frozen freewheel hub to remove and straighten axle. Destroy freewheel...
  10. wheelhorseman

Dicta single speed freewheel

I broke the factory fw pounding on it to try and slide the adaptor off the axle. Never seen one frozen like that. Machine shop charging 25.00 to straighten axle and remove adaptor. 11 bucks for a Dicta fw and 1.19 for the loaf of bread plus pain and suffering. Most expensive loaf of bread ever...
  11. wheelhorseman

Dicta single speed freewheel

Anyone have good experience with Dicta freewheels? I broke my fw on my Porto tryke and ordered a Dicta replacement on Ebay. Seems like all fws are China made unless you spend big bucks on a White that are 75.00 or more. I ran my tryke in a ditch flying down a hill bent the axle slightly throw...
  12. wheelhorseman

Worksman Disappointment.

Teah I believe regular loose balls from a junk Wally bike will work. Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
  13. wheelhorseman

Worksman Disappointment.

It looks like the loose balls found in Walmart bikes to me. I have some junk wheels so I may try inserting the balls back in..Right now the alumin rim I installed with calliper brake works fine. Just hate to scrap a perfectly good drum wheel that only needs bearings. Worksman isnt impressing...
  14. wheelhorseman

Worksman Disappointment.

That link is the factory parts list. Bearings arent available.Called Worksman back to see what brand the hub is and they dont know. Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
  15. wheelhorseman

Worksman Disappointment.

If I could find out who makes that drum hub I could probably get a parts breakdown. Wouldnt mind fixing it and putting back on. Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
  16. wheelhorseman

Worksman Disappointment.

Picked up my 4th Worksman Trifecta (porto trike) the other day. I love these things. Well this one had the drum/calliper front wheel and the bearings were noisy. Pulled the wheel and bearing balls went everywhere.Called Worksman who said they are not replaceable and you must buy entire wheel...
  17. wheelhorseman

Help to identify brand

Frame looks like an Alco built in Fla. in the 70s but Alcos had a different seat support setup.Dont belive thats what it is. Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
  18. wheelhorseman

26 wheel diameter

This has been a good education on tire sizing. Always knew Schwinns were different but never encountered this problem on a "regular" bike.Heres my Hampton with an S7 Schwinn back wheel and new 26 x 2 x 1 3/4 tire. Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
  19. wheelhorseman

26 wheel diameter

All I can read on the rotten AMF tires is 26 x 1 3/8 made in Korea.Rims went back in the trash. Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
  20. wheelhorseman

26 wheel diameter

So was just playing around making a "mock up" wheel to see how it would look and ran across this. Had a junk old AMF Roadmaster 10 speed in the junk with 26 x 1 3/8" rotten tires. I took a wheel off and go to mount a 26 x 195 mtn bike tire and quickly notice the old road bike wheel is larger...
Back