Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. MBP

chrome 53 monark

Very nice Nick. You've got the knack for finding the impossible.
  2. MBP

1949 Columbia - No idea what model ...

Thanks Jpromo! Thats what I thought. I've seen several bikes on the web with similar graphics - but without the springer, including BikeBoss's {pictured above] and a Goodyear that Gordon was kind enough to show me. My bike still has the Chaingaurd clamp attached, which seems to be positioned...
  3. MBP

1941 Schwinn Autocycle ( Update Photo )

Awesome find! :D I tend to buy up bikes that were previously stripped. As a result, I'm always on a quest for replacement parts. One day... I'd like find one that doesn't need to undergo anything but a tune-up. LOL. Enjoy your new ride! :D
  4. MBP

b.f.goodrich badged schwinn

Nice find! Love the colors - and condition!! 8)
  5. MBP

My find for the day by a dumpster

enough about the bike... I want the garbage can. :) Seriously though.... nice pick!
  6. MBP

Bikeboss - thanks for sharing your pics. I took more pictures, but haven't downloaded them yet (I'll do it tonight). Meanwhile, here is a pic I found on the internet. The graphics are slightly different on this 1949, but these are the parts I was leaning toward. At some point...
  7. MBP

Arachnophilia

Love the Tony the Tiger banana seat! Awesome!
  8. MBP

Found this on Craigslist today .... Can't wait to get it home and clean it up. Here's a photo from the ad... Does anyone know what the correct chainguard looks like? Also, thinking about putting a pair of cream tires on it... your thoughts? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! :)
  9. MBP

Lets see your Columbia's!

Just picked this Columbia up today. Here's the photo from the listing. Not sure what year it is - couldn't find a serial number on the crank or the rear dropouts. We did, however, find a "52" flanked by a flattened diamond shape. Is it safe to assume it could be from 1952? Can't wait...
  10. MBP

1940 ladies Hawthorne (CWC)- worth buying/saving?

Yeah... I have been waiting to hear back from the seller regarding the right side. My interest in the bike is dwindling. It's listed on the Mpls CL if anyone else is interested.
  11. MBP

Name the 'Ray'

Mo-Ray? X-Ray? RAY-on OR cRAY-on? RAY-cheous!
  12. MBP

1940 ladies Hawthorne (CWC)- worth buying/saving?

All - I'm looking at a 1940 Ladies Hawthorne, complete with skirt guards and deluxe springer. Chrome is pitted and it's been completely rattle canned, but she looks solid. Missing tank, light, guard, and rack.... but everything else is looks to be there. Do you think she's worth...
  13. MBP

J C Higgins Jet-Flow

Fabulous Find!!!! The cat even thinks its "dreamy!" Congrats!
  14. MBP

First Fresh Find Post In A Long Time

Welcome BlueFlame. CWC = Cleveland Welding Company - they built frames for various models (Roadmaster, Western Flyer, Hiawatha, Hawthorne...) WF Reproduction = 1990s reproduction (mediocre) of the vintage 1950's Western Flyer (Columbia built). This site has a TON of knowledge on both...
  15. MBP

One crazy morning

:shock: WOW~ There are no words! Other than, that's one massive haul!
  16. MBP

WHAT? :shock: I do post them Robert! I don't have a "gallery," but I do post pics. Mine must be getting lost in the mix. :( I just posted one in Fresh Finds earlier tonight (WF Reproduction). This is the one I was talking about (posted in the ID/Valuation section) It's not as cool as...
  17. MBP

Does this count as a fresh find?

OUCH! Totally awesome, but still... OUCH!
  18. MBP

Awesome bike Robert. Congrats! The colors look very similar to the late 40s CWC bike I picked up in December. By the way... thanks for letting me run that one by you before I bought it. As always, I really appreciate you for sharing your knowledge on vintage bikes, primarily the CWCs...
  19. MBP

WF Reproduction

Picked this reproduction up today. It's tires have never seen the pavement. Up until now, it was used only as a display in the previous owner's game room. Wow... must have been some game room!!
Back