Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. O

What Schwinn Model IsThis

Anyone know what model of Schwinn this is. What year aprox. What is it worth. I have not seen it in person.
  2. O

Rats Invaded My Back Yard

I finished a few rats this week, time for some pics. Garry Is A Rat First one is a CCM made Garry sold at The Ashdown Hardware Company. I found this bike a month ago. The guy said it was sold. Last week he tells me the guy never came up ith the money. I bought it. It had junk wheels on it, I...
  3. O

Old Skool Kool

Old Skool Kool is finished. I Have been looking for a nice place to take the pics but couldn't find the right spot. Why not use what I have right here at home. My yard is full of old stuff. Here are a few with my old skool 41 Chevy.
  4. O

Old Skool Kool

I have not done a bike for the buildoff in a few years. I always loved the boardtrack look. My Massey Boardtracker was my favorite bike, sold it a few years back. This buildoff I will do a salt flat/boardtrack style. It started as a rusty pre WW11 Hiawatha. I picked it up at a car swap meet on...
  5. O

Triplets Are Born

They look the same. Identical tripplets. Same frame, same wheels, same drum brakes, same tires, same bars, same stem. They look better as a group. They were quadruplets but 1 was stillborn. I had 5 of these bikes in the last 6 years. I bought them for the drum brake wheels...
  6. O

Bike Hauler

This Stude wagon belongs to a friend of mine. He winters in Yuma AZ, that is where the car is. It is in nice shape. He wants $5500. This thing would be great for hauling bikes. PM me and I can give his contact info. If it was where he lives in the summer I would have bought it.
  7. O

Monarch and Columbia

A guy I know offered this bike to me. What would it be worth as it sits. What parts are correct and what is not. Fenders look to be original paint, frame is not. I would like to buy it but don't know what to offer. He also has the Columbia reproduction, looks real nice. What is it worth.
  8. O

Glider Motobike

Last night I was able to purchase this very nice original Glider Motobike in the rare large frame. They were sold by the T Eaton Co. I can't say the exact year but it would be early 1930's. It has verynice original paint with red scallops and gold pinstripes. It came with a nice 1940 Winnipeg...
  9. O

Drum Brake Cruiser

I came across this 1941 CCM balloon tire frame at a local auction. The frame was very dirty but had original paint in ok shape. Time to get it ridable. I also had this nice Sturmey Archer drum brake 3 speed wheelset and white tires. They work great and look good on the bike. I may relace...
  10. O

Monarch Springer Forks

Where is the cheapest place to buy Monarch Springer Forks. I am looking at 5 to 10 forks.
  11. O

New Toy

I bought myself a new toy this weekend. 1951 Pontiac Gasser. The backhalf was finished as in the picture. The front clip needs to be sanded and primered. It was a good body to start with. The guy who sold it wanted another project. It included the Centerlines and new BFG's, 10 bolt with 411's...
  12. O

Glider Rat

I built this old Eaton's Glider into a rat style bike. The bike was very rough before I started.
  13. O

Copperhead Road

Done at last. Earlier this week I thought I was not going to get it done. Lots of late evenings and it is finished. Today I took it out for it's first ride. I rode a mile or so. Everything worked great. I forgot to bring any tools and could have used an allen key to tighten the stem a little...
  14. O

Cool Bike Song

This is great. I love the out of round wheels on the bikes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsKqa3ej5sU
  15. O

1 Cool Rat Bug

I was at a car show in Gimli Manitoba Canada last weekend and this was my favorite car there. I have not seen it before. It has been done with a lot of cool mods. It had a little accident with a deer. The bandaid speaks for itself. The car will be featured on My Classic Cars TV show in the...
  16. O

Shorty

I bought this CCM at an auction last week. It was rough. It is from the teens. With a little work I freed up the crank, headset and pedals. The wheels are newer 28" CCM's. I did some work on it today and this is what it looks like for a 7 foot giant to ride. 45" from top of seat to the...
  17. O

Cool Old Wagons

I have been buying old wagons lately. The CCM is dated 1932. Some of the others are from the 30's.
  18. O

Old CCM Find

I was out to an auction yesterday and bought this pair of SCP bikes from a Toronto company. Before a few weeks ago I had never heard of them. They are in quite nice shape. The ladies has a cool look to it. Both have 28" wheels. This bike is an ealy CCM, before 1920. It has the pre 20's crank...
  19. O

Copperhead Road

It was time I posted my build. I have been searching for the right parts for the build. Here is the frame I will be using, the brand is Sunshine, a Canadian built bike. It is in rough shape. Seat post is stuck, I have to heat the frame to remove it. Some of the original paint and pinstripe...
  20. O

1939 CCM

I bought this today for $30. It is a 1939 with a repaint at some time. The paint is very nice. I thought it was original until I got it home. I was surprised to find new tires on it. I have to repaint the rims as they have some blue on them. Cool old bike. That is 4- 28" bikes in 2 weeks.
Back