Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Turtlesixfour

Springer bike id

Trying to figure out make and model of this bike that I am working on for a friend. I've never seen a springer like this. One bolt hole where the head badge was. It has new wheels and tires and a new seat and post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Turtlesixfour

Bad Luck

Today I am finally done with Bad Luck! Thankful that I had the time to take a few photos before dark. There are so many amazing builds again this year! I can't wait to view all of the finished bikes. From what I have seen it is going to be super difficult to pick my favorites. I would...
  3. Turtlesixfour

Bad Luck

After watching the RRB 7 last year I figured that I would give it a try this go around! I had a list of names for my build and couldn't settle on a favorite. Well sometimes the name picks you! It only took me until day 2 of working on my bike to finally figure it out. Day 1 went great! The...
  4. Turtlesixfour

Bike rack for a 1964 Impala?

Anyone know of a bike rack I can attach to the trunk of my '64 Impala? Looked at the Allen one at Walmart and it has a curved bar that may fit over the trunk spear. Anybody else out there drive an old car and run into similar problems? Thanks in advance for the help. :)
  5. Turtlesixfour

63 Schwinn Geargoyles CC cruiser

I want to build this bike with all used parts and have been lucky to pick up some neat ones. Thanks to this forum's knowledgable members for all of the help. This is my inspiration. And this is what I started with. Terry66 sold me a nice replacement fork that I am going to leave as is...
  6. Turtlesixfour

Bar style?

What style of bars would these be considered? I thought that they where ugly 70's style at first but they are growing on me!
  7. Turtlesixfour

CCM bikes?

Is this the same CCM that use to make hockey equipment? If so, I gotta find one!
  8. Turtlesixfour

63 Schwinn help

I have a 63 Schwinn that I am trying to fix up and need help identifying the model. It has no chain guard but only one fender with white stripes down each side. I believe it was originally red and has been repainted blue then red again. Thanks for the help!
  9. Turtlesixfour

yet another seat post problem

I am trying to fit a lay back seatpost with 13/16 od into a seat tube with 13/16 id and 1" od. It is a 63 Schwinn cruiser that sat outside without a seat for over 20 years. Are my measurements off? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  10. Turtlesixfour

Fender to fork bolt size?

Any idea what size bolt goes in the bottom of this Shwinn fork to hold the fender. May have to tap it.
  11. Turtlesixfour

Loose Schwinn kickstand help

I got a '63 Schwinn cruiser and the kickstand will not stay up. Do I have to remove it to fix it and, if so, what do I do to it? Thanks again for your help.
  12. Turtlesixfour

Bearing cup removal?

What is the easiest way to remove bearing cups from an old rusty Schwinn? Where can one get new ones if the originals are damaged? Thanks guys and gals!
  13. Turtlesixfour

Now I know...

Why they make these awful reflector mounts! Do you see what I see?
  14. Turtlesixfour

Steel In Motion

Thanks to all of the Rat Rod Bike members that made it out to our show this past weekend! Hope you had as much fun as I did!
  15. Turtlesixfour

Possible 16" C73217

Can you identify this frame with C73217 on the dropout? Has 0 9018 below the serial number.
  16. Turtlesixfour

Cost of relacing a rear wheel?

Got a mtn bike rear wheel and a RB2 BENDIX hub. Any idea of what a shop would charge to relace the wheel. Need a heads up before dealing with a shop. Though about trying it myself but don't have the proper equipment.
  17. Turtlesixfour

caliper brake on old frame?

Any ideas how to add a caliper brake to an old frame without welding? Maybe some kind of bolt on bracket?
  18. Turtlesixfour

I'm sure it's been done but...

Has anyone put a 20" wheel on the back of a 26" cruiser with, maybe, a 24" front wheel? Seems like it with have a wild rake if one could still pedal it! Any pics? Just trying to think outside the box.
  19. Turtlesixfour

Frame plate?

Has anyone done a how to for a "frame plate" or whatever it's called? Trying a cardboard template myself. What is the best(cheapest) metal to use?
  20. Turtlesixfour

Thinking about...

taking the foreign bent 20" springer front fork off and going back original. Any thoughts?
Back