Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Mad Scientist

Big Ol' Lot - Complete Bikes and Parts

(Okay, so I hope this isn't against the rules. I'm posting a photo, price, and location to make sure it's a legit "for sale" post, but this is more of a feeler thread to see if anyone is interested before I haul out ALL of my stuff to take inventory and photos. Again, this IS a legit sale, and...
  2. Mad Scientist

Halfbike

Why is everyone trying to reinvent the bicycle? This thing looks dangerous... Halfbike
  3. Mad Scientist

Yard Sale Elgin

Just picked up this Elgin today, but I don't know much about it. The front wheel is not original, nor is the seat (and probably the grips); and it looks like it's been spray-bombed more than a few times, but it seems solid otherwise. Serial number on the bottom bracket shell is SN 66565. If...
  4. Mad Scientist

Barn-Kept Western Flyer

I've had this Western Flyer for a few years now. Found it in an old antiques barn that used to be in town. Just wondering if anyone had any rough estimates on what year it is. I'm guessing 60's? I'll try and dig it out of the basement and get the serial numbers on it tomorrow.
  5. Mad Scientist

Galaxy Flyer

Grabbed this one off someone on Facebook - Western Flyer Galaxy Flyer. Did some searching, and found another one here on the forum that was said to be a "74, which sounds about right to me. This one won't stay stock for long :wink:
  6. Mad Scientist

Flea Market Find - Schwinn Streamliner

I think it's a '61. No tank, and it's not all original, but the price was right and the parts he used are nice. I've never really been a fan of apes, but after zipping around the flea market on this bad boy I'm hooked :D Swapped the fork - it looked like it was bent back just a tad, and when...
  7. Mad Scientist

Parts bikes: Whole or Disassembled?

For those of you who collect bikes to use for parts - do you keep them whole and pick parts off as needed, or strip them down and store the parts separate?
Back