Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

Ridiculous

Thanks guys! Having trouble with something. We want to run wide 20" wheels on the rear, but we're having trouble finding options. The widest I can find is a 20x4.25. Is that the widest possible?
  2. R

Ridiculous

The trailer will most likely house a small compressor to fill the tank, and the top rear mount needs to be reinforced and properly finished with a seat. Hopefully get the seat situated in a week or two, still looking for a nice one to put on.
  3. R

Ridiculous

There ya go. Got the tires on it and took it for a spin today. Quite a fun ride. Needs a seat still, but it's awesome.
  4. R

Ridiculous

Got the pivot arm and bag mounted today as well as the FWD crank system. Very interested to see how it rides. Before we make the mounts for the top portion of the rear frame, we need to get the rear axle and wheels on. Which will happen tomorrow. :) The rest (seat and air ride management...
  5. R

Scooters (One done!)

Re: Scooters I kid you not, I picked up that same kids bike (the first one pictured) to help build my latest bike. I'm using the crank and chain guard with same stars/coloring hahaha
  6. R

Gravedancer

Re: Chimera Chopper Project That is awesome
  7. R

Ridiculous

Thanks guys! The MK1 caddy to the side is Jakob's. He runs The SHOP Autowerx: https://www.facebook.com/TheSHOPautowerx Not sure the full specs on the engine, but the turbo is a WWII Messerschmidt or something insane like that. Jakob is an incredible mechanic.
  8. R

Ridiculous

So I finally got back in to town and went to the shop. Did some talking and tomorrow will be a day of sketching, measuring, cutting and preparing. Decided to go for air ride suspension. Pretty sure we'll be adjusting the head tube angle, considering how impossible it is. Also, it officially...
  9. R

Electra Straight 8,electric chopper project

This is just incredible. Can't wait to see more.
  10. R

My Other Bikes

Got a friend who was nice enough to do a photo shoot for me :)
  11. R

My Other Bikes

Sorry for the bad pictures, but I thought I'd give you guys a little look at my other bikes. I just built this one today. Bought it at 9:30 for $25. Stripped it down and took out my bullhorns, which I've been dying to use. Cleaned it a little, bought a new freewheel and... Took it out to...
  12. R

Ridiculous

Thanks everyone! To be honest, I'm not a big fan of step through frames at all, but this I can do. :wink: I'm beginning to steer towards putting 2 electric motors on the bike and house two batteries in the wooden trailer. I was thinking about using an electric hub motor for the front wheel...
  13. R

Ridiculous

Thanks guys! Note: seat is not attached to frame.
  14. R

Ridiculous

Hey guys, so this will be the first real build that me and my buddy Jakob are going to do together. The first two builds were pretty simple and rather silly. This one is pretty silly, but we're hoping to make it as sweet as possible. The head tube angle is a bit ridiculous... but I think we...
  15. R

4-Lowco: Air Ride, 4-link, 3-spd

Wow, this is so awesome!
  16. R

Christof from MD

Thanks man!! Can't wait until I have access to benders and what not so I can actually build my own frames! Thanks! Already loving it here :D
  17. R

Christof from MD

Hey guys! I've been fixing and maintaining bikes for a few years now, but this past year was the first time I got in to actually building bikes. I've built two so far, the first more of a joke than a serious build. The second was a little more serious, kind of a cafe/board track style bicycle...
Back