Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

Bikes n dom appliances ?????

I met up with a friend today who couldn't see the point in wasting energy pedaling around. She figured that if you could combine your effort on a bike with some domestic chore then that would make sense. Like if I could build her a bike that was also a sewing machine then she might consider...
  2. R

New guy from FL

Hi NG welcome we are trying to start up a group who meet and ride our latest/best/anything bikes check out Facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/112841442178572/ all welcome. I love Vero Beach in fact looking to move from Celebration to somewhere on that coast. What is the riding like? Tony
  3. R

Columbia is it worth bothering with?

Hi this one has appeared over here in UK - is it worth bidding for? Item number: 120890008474 UK ebay Cheers Tony
  4. R

Legnano what is it?

Hi Guys - has anyone seen or know what this is, it's advertised as a Legnano - thinking of putting in a bid on UK's ebay Item number: 120890008474 Cheers Tony
  5. R

Why are there no events in Orlando?

Ok I'll talk to my family about which day, will only be able to bring over 2 vet bikes and the others will have to hire a bike in Winter Garden. But we'll let them join in anyway :)
  6. R

Hi Andy, just seen the Facebook, nice one. I'm back in Florida from 24th May, just wondered about maybe a ride on the West Orange @ Winter Garden one week end if others are up for it. Tony
  7. R

Cargobikes

http://www.flickr.com/groups/725660@N22 ... 635552395/ Try this link, not sure it's going to be much use as all old British bikes but who knows . Keep us posted as to how you progress.
  8. R

We now have 2 names and 3 members! Great start, I would like to see something that includes vintage bicycles also, just because I have a mixture and want to ride them all :D Take care guys and hope to catch up when I'm back in May Tony
  9. R

How to keep the head badge Decal and powder coat the frame

Joe, thanks that's good to know. Tony
  10. R

I don't mind sounds good to me - as long as we can get some rides organised and if it's on Facebook then I can keep in touch while in UK> Go for it!
  11. R

Handle bar tube stuck in head tube HELP

Thanks, yes I will get it as close as possible and ride it - as I'll only be going round town on bike friendly trails it wont be too much of a problem. But it'll be great for when the nephews come over to stay, they'll love it. And much of the pleasure is in bringing and old throw away back to...
  12. R

Yes I couldn't work out what the name is you are suggesting - come on don't be shy :)
  13. R

I gotta think this won't sell.....

My thought were that if a seller thinks that ""from the 40's or earlier" is an important selling point then it's so easy to put a picture of the where the serial number is. Especially as the frame spans a fair time I guess I was coming purely from the vintage angle rather than any new components.
  14. R

Yes that would be better to get things going. Trying to think of things appertaining to Florida "Hurricanerats" "Toohotrods" "Rat and mouse rides" "Alirators" well it was a try. Besides any country who can consider having a president called Mitt and Newt (thought it was the latest Disney...
  15. R

Handle bar tube stuck in head tube HELP

Apart from the forks everything else came apart real easy. Lulled me into a false sense of ease until I came up against the forks. It's going to look great when finished - just a shame I'm too tall to ride it, but I'll have a go. :x
  16. R

I gotta think this won't sell.....

Hmm talks the talk, but you are right. Tried to contact him to ask where the serial number is located to get an idea of year manufactured but some reason not contactable. :roll: It's not hard to verify the year and for this price I would expect to see a pic of the serial number.
  17. R

Ok Guys had a couple of contacts wanting to do something around Orlando area - I'm happy to co-ordinate Anyone else interested in meeting up and riding, some great rails to trails around. My background semi- retired with an eclectic collection of bikes here and in UK. Many of them still in...
  18. R

Sorry didn't make it clear - it's a decal. Unless you know how to get the decals off.
  19. R

Fantastic guys many thanks (never really thought I could save it while being powder coated :( ) Tony
  20. R

Is it possible to protect the head badge decal from being sand blasted off when having it powder coated? Or any good ideas of how to reproduce it. I have a Fridrich Cadillac and want to keep the head badge, unless it's possible to buy one, have looked but can't find anyone who has even heard...
Back